Coogs at Wichita State - Friday 6pm (W 13-5)

Houston (18-15, 3-6 The American) at Wichita State (18-15, 3-3 The American)
April 12-14 | Eck Stadium | Wichita, Kan.
G1: Live Stats | Live Stream | Live Audio

PROBABLE STARTING PITCHERS
Friday : Houston LHP Lael Lockhart Jr. (2-4, 3.64) vs. WSU RHP Preston Snavely (3-2, 4.67)

ON WICHITA STATE
• The Shockers enter the weekend with an 18-15 overall record and 3-3 mark in The American.
• WSU fell 1-0 to Oklahoma State on Wednesday to open a eight-game homestand.
• Senior second baseman Luke Ritter leads The American in on-base percentage (.500) and is third in batting average (.386) and runs scored (35), and fourth in hits (49). He and redshirt senior shortstop Jordan Boyer co-lead the league in hit by pitch (11), while Boyer is second in batting average (389).
• Ritter was named to The American Preseason All-Conference Team.
• The Shockers, who finished 9-14-1 in conference play in 2018, were picked seventh in The American Preseason Poll entering the 2019 season.
• ECU is batting .295 as a team and has a 3.34 ERA, compared to opponents’ .228 average and 5.77 ERA.

1 Like

Team is back on track. 2 out of 3 at WS is necessary. Sweep and we are on track for tournament with a very strong finish. It has been done before.

I am afraid a sweep or 1 of 3 and the season is over.

2 Likes

Not sure how they are back on track, based on 1 mid-week win? Not winning 2 of 3 from ECU when you have them at Home was not good being they were already behind in Conf standings.

1 Like

There are some quality wins mixed in and the tourny is all about who is hot, if they finish VERY strong they wont get left out. But need to finish top 3 of conference and make the champ game.

1 Like

Agree with absolutely having to win 2/3 at WSU to gain momentum n having any chance of moving up in standings. Main point was w/o having won a series yet in Conf don’t think they are back on track. Thought last weekend was huge, this series is must win to try salvage the season. #GoCoogs

You are right. “Back on track” has lower expectations this season. Its obvious this team has not moved on to summer ball and the off season, as they still are in the hunt.

I don’t think losing 2 of 3 last weekend was the problem, so much as the problem was dropping 4 of 6 to UConn and Memphis and thus that put us in a pressure situation against the #11 team in the country.

Though 2/3 in Wichita plus the win vs Sam would keep my remaining optimism afloat.

2 Likes

Yes agree. Maybe I didn’t word it right but I felt with start they had in Conf they really needed to win 2/3 against ECU. More so playing a very good team at home.

1 Like

Coogs on top at top of 1st inning 2-0. Video available from Wichita if you press the video selection on UH baseball game schedule. Good quality

1 Like

Wichita st hit a double. No outs

Lockhart pitching. 2 outs man on 2nd. Lockhart behind 3-0. Fights back and strikes him out to end the side. After 1 inning UH 2 WS 0.

After 2 innings: UH 2 WS 0. Lockhart pitching great!

Top of 3rd. 1st batter reaches. Pick off play at 1st. Joe Davis misfires to 2nd. Runner advances to 3rd. No outs. Next hitter out at 1st, runner scores. 2 out infield single. Grnd out end of 2nd. UH 2 WS 1.

1 Like

Hey we’re on ESPN3. I was looking for masters highlights and there we are. This is way better.

2 Likes

Coogs score on a wild pitch! 3-1 man on 3rd still just 1 out.

1 Like

Top of 4th Pitcher hits Bilo in the head. Man on 1st. Hyland infield single. Men on 1st and 2nd, no outs. Groundout SS to first makes it one out, runners at 2nd and 3rd. Passed ball, runners advance UH 3 WS 1. Runner at 3rd 1out. Walk. Runners at 2nd and 3rd thanks to a Burkel stolen base. Failed suicide squeeze results in another out. Lovelace missed the bunt. 2 outs. Lovelace ks. Uh 3-1 going to bottom of 4 th

1 Like

Thanks for the links and post, nice stream

1 Like

Lockhart does it again…2 outs men at 2nd and 3rd. Strikes out batter to end the side. UH 3 WS 1. 7 strike outs in 4 innings! 5th inning coming up.

1 out single by Padgett. HOMERUN Joe Davis! UH 5 WS 1. 1 out T5

2 Likes

Fuentes looks native American. Love to wipe the ball off like that so it tails off from the RF… or hooking on the left side,

1 Like

Double by Fuentes. Still 1 out. Single by Bilo. Men on 1st and 3rd. 1 out. Hyland walks. Bases loaded 1 out. Pitching change…

Cherry ks. 2 outs bases loaded. Burckel walks. UH 6 WS 1.