PROBABLE STARTING PITCHERS
Friday : Houston LHP Lael Lockhart Jr. (2-4, 3.64) vs. WSU RHP Preston Snavely (3-2, 4.67)
ON WICHITA STATE
• The Shockers enter the weekend with an 18-15 overall record and 3-3 mark in The American.
• WSU fell 1-0 to Oklahoma State on Wednesday to open a eight-game homestand.
• Senior second baseman Luke Ritter leads The American in on-base percentage (.500) and is third in batting average (.386) and runs scored (35), and fourth in hits (49). He and redshirt senior shortstop Jordan Boyer co-lead the league in hit by pitch (11), while Boyer is second in batting average (389).
• Ritter was named to The American Preseason All-Conference Team.
• The Shockers, who finished 9-14-1 in conference play in 2018, were picked seventh in The American Preseason Poll entering the 2019 season.
• ECU is batting .295 as a team and has a 3.34 ERA, compared to opponents’ .228 average and 5.77 ERA.