Coogs in the Pros 2019

https://twitter.com/fantastik_willo/status/1152364563733655552?s=20

2 Likes

Man I hope this happensā€¦he singlehandedly won so many games for usā€¦
Forced me to remember the Pitt gameā€¦wow.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a long shot, but he did have a good spring. Heā€™s still got practice squad time so hopefully he can at least stick there.

2 Likes

So is Greg is back with the Eagles? I thought he was in the CFL.

1 Like

He was picked up by the Eagles after the AAF folded.

His rights in the CFL were traded recently, but he hasnā€™t played there yet. Problem with going to the CFL for a lot of guys is that you basically have to give up on the NFL for that year due to non-compete clauses.

I imagine if Greg misses out again, heā€™ll probably end up in the XFL.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1152726258784047105?s=20

5 Likes

ā€œIn college, (my dad) used to have some signals for me if I was doing something a little wrong. Every now and then Iā€™d look over and heā€™d give me a little hand motion. We joke about it now. Now that Iā€™m 27, I still have that kid in me that wants to get better and work and train ā€“ itā€™s nice to have (my dad) on my side.ā€

The 6-foot-3 Leone figures he got his height off his mom, Anne.

ā€œAs I got taller, I morphed me into more of a punter because I have the long lever,ā€ he said. ā€œI played a little quarterback when I was young. When I got into high school, I demonstrated some natural ability to hit the ball pretty good.ā€

So far in 2019, Leone leads the CFL wth an eye-popping pace of 53.8 yards per punt (heading into Friday nightā€™s game). The CFL record is 50.6, set by Jon Ryan in 2005. A year ago, Leone averaged 46.4 yards per punt with the Redblacks. The two years prior to that, he had 49.5 and 49.3 yards as a B.C. Lion.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/NateMendelson/status/1155484336105381888?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1155484336105381888|twgr^363937393b636f6e74726f6c&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buffalorumblings.com%2F2019%2F7%2F28%2F8933851%2F2019-buffalo-bills-training-camp-recap-day-4-tredavious-white-devin-singletary-news-notes

" Defensive line
Ed Oliver is rotating with the starters, and he flashed another big play today. The rookie seems to be right on schedule in his (very) early development. "

4 Likes

Guess the talent in the P5 is less than the AAC if they need 2 to guard him just like everyone else in our leagueā€¦

1 Like

Ed motor and drive is elite. Perfect match for a defensive tackle who has to take the fight to double teams on a regular basis.

" Houston

Emeke Egbule, LB, LA Chargers (6th round; 200th overall): 63

Depth chart : 3rd left outside linebacker

Isaiah Johnson, CB, Oakland (4th round; 129th overall): 67

Depth chart : 5th cornerback

Ed Oliver, DT, Buffalo (1st round; 9th overall): 79

Depth chart : 1st defensive tackle"

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/jkelmuhcoogs/status/1155521762970558464?s=20

2 Likes

" Defensive line

Ed Oliver has been mixing more and more with the first string with each successive practice. The Bills still operate with a heavy rotation in their defensive line, but he seems to be on a trajectory to outrank Jordan Phillips by the start of the season."

Love the Ed O / Phillips combo.
Phillips is huge (6ā€™ 6". 341) & can take the short yardage/running down beating to keep Ed fresh.

6 Likes

Big Ed has a big day.

" Ed Oliver battling Jordan Phillips

Iā€™m choosing to highlight this battle because both players played so well on Wednesday. Phillips had a tipped pass he turned into a pick-six against the first-teamers and Oliver was consistently in the backfield. At one point, second-year quarterback Josh Allen was bumped to the turf by Oliver bull-rushing presumptive left guard starter Quinton Spain and told Oliver to get off the field by McDermott because he was blowing things up.

Phillips has been running ahead of Oliver to this point, and the competition seems to be making both of them better. If Oliver can make it to a 50-50 split by the third preseason game, it will make the defensive tackles better on the whole.

Oliver did get into a spat with guard Jon Feliciano, throwing a few punches on the ground before it was quickly broken up by teammates.

For the second straight day, retired DT Kyle Williams was in attendance to help coach up the defensive linemen."

" 3. Ed Oliver was dominant with big uptick in first-team reps"

3 Likes

Feliciano said Ed couldnā€™t have a jacket.

14 Likes

ā€œAinā€™t nothing given to nobody, and if you donā€™t work for it, youā€™ll never have nothing,ā€ Oliver said. ā€œI know whatā€™s in front of me. I know what I have to do to be successful. Right now, itā€™s just put your head down and go to work.

ā€œEvery day is a chance to learn. I could be a 10-year vet, you still have something to learn. So just me coming in, Iā€™m quiet. Itā€™s the only way I know how to try and get it right.ā€

6 Likes

Joseph isnā€™t a Coog, but he was working out with Coogs this offseason. Iā€™m assuming he may have been going up against our receivers this summer over at the indoor facility.

Johnathan Joseph changed up his training regimen heading into Year 14. He worked out with younger players, some even from University of Houston, and new faces.

2 Likes

Coaches love being able to evaluate players outside of practice settings, which is a big reason why Ward, in his third year with this organization but with no regular-season experience, is suddenly getting first-team reps in training camp. The former University of Houston quarterback played in the AAF for as long as it lasted earlier this year, and the Eaglesā€™ coaches loved every minute of it.

ā€œI think heā€™s improved a lot, and I think his time playing football in the spring before that league folded really helped him," offensive coordinator Mike Groh said. "[He] was able to just get out there and play ball. As a receiver, you kind of can learn what works, what moves work, what releases work, how I can win at the top of my route and create some separation. And you just need an accumulation of those reps.ā€

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1156207511063732224?s=20

8 Likes

Man, I hope he makes the team this year. He was unstoppable for usā€¦

7 Likes