Coogs in the Pros

I love the way he slashes to the basket between defenders. His 3 pointers were really quick release. Man I wish we still had him on this team. Can you imagine him on last years squad?

1 Like

Should be a couple hundred thousand.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CoachSampsonUH/status/1384572558423597056?s=19

7 Likes

When was the last time we had 3 guys on active NBA rosters at the same time? Early 2000s? (not counting House/JY)

1 Like

There’s a solid chance we will have four next season
with decent longshot odds at having a fifth (Jarreau).

I can see all four guys getting meaningful minutes next year.

1 Like

i wouldn’t even call jarreau a long shot
drafted is a long shot, signing a two way after what he did in the tourney is well within the realm of real possibilities

4 Likes

I’d coach those three in a 3 on 3 tournament. I could do it too. Just pat them on the butt and say, “Go get 'em boys!”

Yeah that’s right if you don’t count House and Young. In the early 2000s I think Alton Ford, Damon Jones, Goldwire, Hakeem, and Outlaw all overlapped. Randy Brown did too, but he wouldn’t count if we’re not counting House and Joe.

https://twitter.com/ASMonaco_Basket/status/1384865085705924608

translation: Rob’s team has qualified to play in the EuroLeague next season (if he is still with them)
 the EuroLeague is the top overseas basketball league, 2nd worldwide only to the NBA

they will be playing in the Championship for the EuroCup, in a best of 3 series, starting april 27th, 30th
and if needed may 2nd

3 Likes

Wow!

Regarding this EuroCup, is that the Euroleague equivalent of the NBA title, or some lesser minor league crown?

No, eurocup and euroleague are 2 different leagues

in european most sports they tend to do feeder systems where there is a hierarchy of leagues and you can move up leagues depending on performance

eurocup is the 2nd highest tier in the euro system, and considered the 3rd best league in the world

euroleague is the highest tier in the euro system, and considered the 2nd best league in the world after the nba

gray is playing for the eurocup league championship
and regardless of the result his team will play in the euroleague next season

4 Likes

Sounds great!

He’s obviously one of the main reasons that they are moving up!

GO ROB!!!

I’ll throw in too that Rob isn’t done after this series, the French Pro A league is still going on and his team is in 2nd place there. Could be in position to win two championships this season.

Rob is on fire in EuroCup competition, 17ppg and 51% from 3 in 11 games! Unics who they play for the title has Isaiah Canaan for you Rockets fans.

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1385015387213815809

Armoni starting tonight for real with Porter Jr out

6 Likes

How does the G-league compare with those European leagues?

I love how Berman always reports “Coog news”. He’s an alum, right?

4 Likes

Yes.

Brooks didn’t have a good stat line.

10 Rebounds
4 Assists
6 points

That seems a decent stat line to me for a guy who just joined the team.

That does not take into account his shooting percentage though.

1 Like

His +/- was pretty bad at -32 along with the shooting percentages

1 Like