Coogs land Alton McCaskill

Excellent! Our 2021 RB’s look to be fantastic!

1 Like

It kind of does. He is the 412 ranked overall player in the country. He is the second highest rated 3 star we have ever gotten.

At number 412 there is a fine line between 312 and 512 I am sure considering the magnitude of recruits out there.

In last years draft the first round had 1 player that was a 2 star or lower ranked. 10 were 3 stars. 15 were 4 stars and 6 were 5 stars. It is probably better to be ranked higher than it isn’t.

1 Like

Wondering if Kyle Porter is officially done.

Does this mean CDH still hasn’t a clue what he is doing at UH?

8 Likes

Strangely, Berman is reporting that he actually SIGNED last month, but didn’t announce until today.

Go figure.

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1347230511433998339

3 Likes

He signed on signing day but they kept it quiet until his announcement.

He is no doubt a 4 star. The recruiting services bias against guys who dont pick power 5 schools. Happened to collin wilder. Dropped out of the top 300 when he decommitted from TTU. Chidozie fell from a 4star when he committed here and alton been locked on us for a while. Again part of why stars mean nothing

9 Likes

Yes cdh already said kp is done. She’s a really smart kid graduated like top 10 in his class in high school and got his masters in accounting. He’s going to go work for one of the big four.

1 Like

He’s right on the line. The composite score is a better thing to look at as opposed to the stars.

3 stars range from 80-90 and he’s a .8851. 247 has him at 89 and Rivals at 5.7. Both are the levels just below 4 star.

Not saying I disagree about recruiting services shenanigans. They pander to who has the subscriber base.

4 Likes

Very upright running style. Dickerson-ish. Man-child at the HS level

2 Likes

None of our backs looked fast to me this year so hopefully he helps change that next year. Go Coogs!

1 Like

BOOM…that just happened :grinning:

Let’s Go Coogs !!!

2 Likes

Boom! Look ma, good football news!

2 Likes

Rbs will be stacked. Look for stacy sneed to hopefully be involved after his redshirt year, still got smoke brown in the wings and now our APB. Although mckaskill might redshirt considering just how many rbs we have

2 Likes

Welcome Alton to your University of Houston Family ! This is the place where the fun starts ! We can’t wait to see you tearing it up in the Red & White !
Go Coogs !!!

7 Likes

Interesting interview with him. Said a good education and specifically a broadcasting program was important to him, makes sense that we were involved. 3rd largest city and hige media market is good for starting that career

6 Likes

I think he is too talented not to be out there. Basically a slightly faster and bigger version of Charles Sims.

9 Likes

If he becomes Charles Sims 2.0 …WOW…we’ll be comparing future UH RB’s to him

5 Likes

Welcome to the fam young man.

2 Likes

Awesome BOOM !!!
Go Coogs !!!:paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

1 Like