Coogs offer '18 Combo Guard Terry Collins from Bonnabel, LA

Not much out there on this kid. He did help lead Bonnabel to the LA 5A Title game. Here’s his HUDL video:

https://twitter.com/__tj23/status/854498558187364352

Mmmm…talk about under the radar. With 3 ships open for next year, I would suspect only 2 guards get sign during the Fall early signing period. So, he must be good. It has coach White’s imprint all-around.

I would love to have a tall shooter with good handles. Kid can bring it to the basket and he’s only, what, 16? In that video?
Wonder if CKS is recruiting the kid to be our james harden.

He’d be Gray’s replacement, or Davis’s replacement after the following season.

I think this was a kid who was only 6’2 last year. Seems to me he is pushing 6’5 now. I like that he is ambidextrous driving through the hoop. Maybe we offer before he blows up this Summer in the AAU circuit. Looks to me that Kelvin Sampson is trying to find Rob Gray’s replacement. I still want to get Nigel Hawkins. He is just a big time winner, and leader. Jamal Bieniemy may be more of a long shot.

I think to your point @pray10 Davis is more of a combo forward at 6’8. I think we will bring in a forward with 2 guards for the c/o 2018. UH only has 3 ships to give in the early period at best.

1 Like

Meant Corey Davis, not Devin. My fault.

I think we bring in 2 guards this year as we need to groom Galen’s replacement as well as prepare for Gray and Corey’s departure. Probably need to try to bring in one big man to add depth as Sangoyomi will be a senior after next year. We’re in good shape at the 3-4 spots.

White saw a lot of him.
Bonnabel ( in Kenner on I-10 by the NOLA airport ) played Chalmette 3 times including playoffs.
WKU got a 4/ 5 star big from Chalmette.
Also White was at Tulane before WKU.

I watched a few of their games on Cox. Collins and their big man played well off each other. Can’t remember the bigs name but he’s going to a Sunbelt school in the fall.