Coogs ranked #1 in Dave Campbell's Texas Power Poll

Only way that a relegation system could work is if you leave the P5 conferences alone, and create a best of the best 6th conference where those 6 conferences play top level. Still no reason why the P5 would allow it since it gives another conference a seat at the table, but at least they have to perform well. Also would pretty much have to get rid of all the G5 conferences for football and have the teams left behind play regionally in 4 divisions, maybe 2 conferences of west and east. That way if you want to promote two teams, the best in the west and east move up presumably to take the spot of the worst teams in the west and east of the 6th conference. The G5 conferences would have to stay the same for all the other sports and tv contracts would be a mess.

West: Boise St, SDSU, Colorado St, UH, SMU, Tulsa, Memphis, UTSA/LA Tech
East: USF, UCF, Navy, Cincinnati, Northern Illinois, Temple, Western Michigan, Toledo/Marshall/Ohio

Never going to happen, but interesting to think about.

2 Likes

This team has the potential to surpass the 15 and 16 teams, CMA stresses focus more than anything else and the talent is there, plus the have a chip on their shoulder. If we can make it to week 7 undefeated and continue to show improvement, the sky is the limit, the ranked teams in our conference should give us the edge to a NY6 bowl or dare I say a playoff seed

LB TT!!!

I am getting a business like feel from Major and the team this year from my normal view WAAAY outside the program or at least I hope that is what I am sensing and not a lack of energy. Everything seems low-key but, as you point out, focused. I am not sure how well this team will do this season and how healthy the key areas like OL will be so hard to say how good they can be. You need some breaks along the way – most good teams get them.

Like a bye week before week 10!