Correct me if I am wrong but

UH Men’s basketball team has not won a conference during the regular season since 1984!
UH has won a conference tournament and has been to the NCAA Tournament since but we have not won the regular season since 1984.
It sure would be nice to win it this year!

2 Likes

We won The SWC in 1992 or so.

1 Like

I thought we finished 2nd in 1992. But we won the tournament.

1 Like

Co-champs

If we can win the outright title this season will have been a success.

4 Likes

In '96 we finished 2nd behind James Dickey’s TxTech. They were playing with ineligible players and had their Sweet 16 run vacated.

so we can claim 96 then :sunglasses:

2 Likes

but you still feel the season is a success if we finish 29-2 and are co-champs I hope …

I consider the season successful already. The degree of success will increase with each win; but 24 wins is a suuccessful season in my book. I consider last season successful also.

2 Likes

In 1992 we win the regular season title by beating SMU at season’s end at Moody Coliseum. I was there. UH then also won The SWC Tournament.

1 Like

That was the year we lost in the first round to Georgia Tech, right. One of the Barry Boys was in that team. Probably, Jon Barry. 1991 was the year I follow UH football & basketball religiously.

1 Like

Yes. I lived in Milwaukee at the time and had the privilege of watching that crap show of an officiated game.

1 Like

Of course but you know many of our “fans” won’t unless we make the Sweet 16 at least