Cotton Pickin Uniforms

Didn’t notice until today the kickoff is at 3:15 pm. I’m not worried about future deals with Tech if it means we avoid wearing the dark colors for two straight weeks under the hot Texas sun.

This is the dumbest “he wont let me have what i want” argument i’ve ever heard. Tech fans can kick rocks. They should’ve heard the first NO. If they dont want to schedule us anymore that’s fine there are more teams out there. No one’s kissing their butt or going to beg anyone. Its clearly and advantage if they want it that much and if they have celebrated before without they shouldnt have to make it a big deal. I say we go ICY WHITE to that game and make it feel like home.

6 Likes

We don’t need another deal with Texas Tech as we need to win, now. They didn’t back us when it counted, when we needed entry into the Big 12. If they wanted all white uniforms, it should have been in the contract. Sorry not sorry. If they let us where all white in 2021, then they can where all white in 2022.

5 Likes

we already have a couple of games scheduled with them in the early 2020’s… In a few years, we will be in the same conference again anyway! ( the PAC) Stoking the rivalry is a good thing, not bad…If they wanted to do a white out so much, they should have told us in July, not this week!!

4 Likes

They didn’t ask this week. NCAA rules states road team wears white unless both teams agree for the home team to wear white before the season starts.

Really? don’t count on it.

I would let Tech choose the wardrobe.

While we just focus on winning the football game.

Why can’t we just load up the blue jerseys and palm tree helmets?

They had a Blackout Arkansas “Cotton Game” in 2014…this is the 7th annual game.

This has been set since about June and Texas Tech is now getting around to leaking it out…com’on,

Tech asked Houston if they would be willing to switch, Houston said it would depend on the game time. Although it is only slated to be in the upper 80’s, based on statistical weather reports for the second Saturday in Sept, there was no way for them to know really how hot is was going to be that far out. Once the game time was set for 3PM, Houston let Tech know (in the summer) that they did not want to switch.

3 Likes

Doubt it’ll be that big a deal in the long run, but we should have just switched. I don’t get why we didn’t.

1 Like

Texas will play UH at tdecu as long as UH does not include the game in season tickets. This will allow Texas to buy out the game.

See where this going when you give in to seemingly simple requests. Just DON’T do it.

Finally, someone gets it!

2 Likes

I think you’re talking two way different extremes.

Why would that be a condition? Last time UT played at Robertson UT fans bought UH season tickets. 50-75% of the fans in the stadium were horns.

In fact the bleachergate fiasco was to accommodate UT fans, not because UH had more demand.

this made me LOL

1 Like

I thought they were celebrating Cotton by playing a school that went to far more Cotton Bowls than they ever did.

14 Likes

So Applewhite and Kingsbury allegedly have had a few phone calls. Through my high tech google search skillz, I was able to obtain the transcript of one of the conversations. Below is a portion of the conversation:

MA - Hi coach, glad we were able to get each other on the phone.

KK - 'sup brah.

MA - …okay. Well, we played each other last year, most of our staff at one time or another has played in Lubbock. Is there anything different that needs to be discussed?

KK - Nah, but, could you maybe let us wear white uniforms, since we like white uniforms?

MA - Anybody tell you that we’re not gonna wear white… If, If, if a Coach say we wear white, and y’all hear it, then that’s that. I mean, we might have worn white once this year but if, if somebody say, ‘He don’t wear white,’ it could be white. Out of all the white jerseys this year, that’s enough… that’s enough to get a whole lot started. I told my AD that you don’t have to give the people of the Panhandle a reason to think about hating me or anything like that. If you hate somebody, you hate them to make the yourselves feel better…simple as that. I’m cool with that. I’m all about that. The people in the Panhandle deserve to honor cotton. It’s simple as that. It goes further than that …

KK: So you fellas gonna let us wear white?

MA: If I can’t wear white, I can’t wear white man. It’s hot, It’s hot. I mean … simple as that. It ain’t about that… I mean it’s… It’s not about that… At all. You know what I’m saying I mean… But it’s…it’s easy … to, to talk about… It’s easy to sum it up when you’re just talking about uniforms. We’re sitting in here, and I’m supposed to be the head coach, and we in here talking about uniforms. I mean, listen, we’re talking about uniforms, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about uniforms. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that I go out there and die for and coach every game like it’s my last. Not the game, but we’re talking about uniforms, man. I mean, how silly is that? … And we talking about uniforms. I know I supposed to be there. I know I’m supposed to lead by example… I know that… And I’m not… I’m not shoving it aside, you know, like it don’t mean anything. I know it’s important, I do. I honestly do… But we’re talking about uniforms man. What are we talking about? Uniforms? We’re talking about uniforms, man. [laughter from KK] We’re talking about uniforms. We’re talking about uniforms. We ain’t talking about the game. [more laughter] We’re talking about uniforms, man. When you come to the stadium, and you see me coach, you see me coach don’t you? You’ve seen me give everything I’ve got, right? But we’re talking about uniforms right now. We talking about un… [Interrupted].

KK: But it’s an issue that I’d like you to consider dawg?

MA: Man look, I hear you… it’s funny to me too, I mean it’s strange… it’s strange to me too, but we’re talking about uniforms man, we’re not even talking about the game… the actual game, when it matters… We’re talking about uniforms …

KK: Is it possible, though, if you don’t wear white, that not only you would be better, but your team will be better?

MA: HOW THE HELL CAN I MAKE MY TEAM PLAY BETTER BY NOT WEARING WHITE!?!?!?

(Phone call was then disconnected.)

2 Likes

That was lot of key punching for nothing. #justbad

6 Likes

tech fans are livid. they want the team to run the score on us. LOL

Yes, all of that key punching was just gibberish. I just quit reading early on.

3 Likes

Both sides seem kind of petty about this honestly.

I remember the Texans wearing white in a season opening game to force the Steelers to wear their black uni’s then proceeding to get absolutely annihilated.