Cougar Football Recruiting

Taking this from @HolmesUkraine from the baseball board. I’ll pin and update this post as more and more commits occur. The links for each player take you to their threads.
Class of 2020 Recruits

Derek Bowman, OT, 6-5, 250, Magnolia

Adonis Friloux, DT, 6-1, 268, Boutte, LA

Reginald Johnson, WR, 6-0, 175, Baton Rouge, LA

Aidan Martin, K, 6-1, 200, Klein Cain

Sofian Massoud, ATH, 6-1, 180, Cypress Lakes HS

Ugonna Nnanna, OL, 6-4, 265, Arlington, TX

Dylan Robinson, WR, 6-2,190, Atascocita

Malik Robinson, LB, 6-0, 223, Fort Scott CC (2 years remaining)

2019 offers thread

2020 offers thread

2021 offers thread

2022 offers thread

6 Likes

2021 Commits thus far:

Mark Wilson, 3* Safety, Houston Clear Lake
Offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, SMU, Vanderbilt

Carlton Guidry, 3* WR, Pearland Shadow Creek
Offers from Arizona, East Carolina, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Tulane, Tulsa

Carson Walker, 3* OG, Midlothian Heritage
Offers from Boise State, Kansas, Memphis, Tulsa

Jalen Garner, 3* OLB, Norcross, GA
Offers from East Carolina, Iowa State, Kansas State, Southern Miss, Temple

Ty Marsh, 3* S, Denton Ryan
Offers from Duke, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, UTSA

Jalen Emery, 3* CB, Pearland Shadow Creek
Boise State, Duke, Louisiana, Nevada, North Texas, Wake Forest

Rodquice Chaney, 3* OG, Kilgore Junior College

Maddox Kopp, 3* QB, Houston St. Thomas
Offers from Colorado, Ole Miss, Texas State, Tulane, Wyoming

Ty Marsh is decommited on the recruiting services.

Although I do not know why he decommitted, we were the best on his offer sheet, so to me it may be a grade issue.

We did get an OL commit today

1 Like

I guess he thought he has a good chance of starting pretty quick given today.

UH’s football staff should have everybody on the phone recruiting their rears off RIGHT NOW

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/markbermanfox26/status/1436387287168917506?s=21

3 Likes

I believe it !
Beat Rice!

Hopefully the football program starts getting calls…just like women’s BB…

https://twitter.com/joeagleason/status/1436395691610345485?s=20

4 Likes

Means a lot more when Sampson says he will recruit the same than when Holgorsen says it

In basketball the conference stuff never mattered as much as winning and putting people in the league. You control your on destiny in basketball. That’s why Zags, Memphis, and UH never had a problem recruiting. College football is different, P5 recruiting got such a boost Bc those are the only teams that get respect, you go to UCF and go undefeated and aren’t even in consideration for playing for a championship it’s a big hit on recruiting. Now kids can come to UH like I have a legit chance to win a ring for my city.

5 Likes

If we can get that Jordan sponsor, get new uniforms, maybe expand the stadium. Win some games for the love of god. We can really capitalize on this big 12 momentum. That’s what I always loved about Sampson, he understands the little things, the way these kids think. That’s why we are sponsored by Jordan, get a whole bunch of shoes for the players, new uniforms every year, obviously the new arena, practice gym, and weight room. Football needs to catch up. We got the city and great stadium.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately our list looks a lot like Sumlin’s first year.

Highly concerned about Dana’s ability to get top notch talent.

(Not disparaging the kids we got - just concerned about the overall level ofvtalent)

2 Likes

Also one of the more important reasons, their family and friends can see them play at 6 home games plus maybe an away game at Baylor and TCU in the same season. That may be a major factor in their decision to come to UH.

3 Likes

That’s always been there tho. Especially when we play rice smu and north Texas a lot. Their family being able to see them play a lot wasn’t going to change if we stayed in AAC. But who we play and the level of competition is the major factor

Yes I know it’s always been there but I am referring to the higher rated athletes we don’t normally get. Those guys always say they want to play in a P5. Now they have the option to stay home and play P5 football.

2 Likes

We have some good assistant coaches who usually make the first contact with recruits. CDH has to close the deal. It is late in this year’s recruiting but I am still expecting a late year rush. At least I hope so. And next year…

1 Like