• Entering Wednesday’s game, Tulane has posted a 4-19 overall record and 1-10 mark in American Athletic Conference play… Green Wave stand in 10th place in the latest league standings.
• Tulane has lost its last seven games and 12 of its last 13 entering Wednesday’s contest, including a 74-65 setback at East Carolina on Saturday… Last win was an 82-67 victory at USF on Jan. 11.
• Against East Carolina, four Tulane starters posted double-digit points, but it would not be enough… Junior guard Cameron Reynolds led the Green Wave with 16 points and tied for team-high honors with six rebounds… Freshman guard Ray Ona Embo recorded 15 points with three rebounds and four steals, while sophomore guard Melvin Frazier totaled 13 points with six rebounds… Senior center Ryan Smith added 10 points with six rebounds… Senior guard Malik Morgan finished with six points, four rebounds, four steals and a game-high 12 assists.
• This season, Reynolds leads Tulane with 16.0 points and 6.7 rebounds per game… Junior guard Kain Harris stands second with 10.4 points per game, while Frazier ranks third with 10.1 points per contest… Morgan leads the team with 4.1 assists per game.
• Head Coach Mike Dunleavy is in his first season at Tulane and as a collegiate head coach.
• Has compiled a 4-19 collegiate record during his career… Posted a 613-716 record in 17 years with four teams as an NBA head coach.
• Previously served as head coach of the NBA’s Los Angeles Clippers (215- 326 record, 2003-10); Portland Trail Blazers (190-106 record, 1997-01); Milwaukee Bucks (107-221 record, 1992-96) and Los Angeles Lakers (101- 63 record, 1990-92).
• Dunleavy has posted an 0-1 record against the Cougars during his career after Houston’s 65-51 win in Hofheinz Pavilion on Jan. 24.
• Wednesday’s game will be the first time that Dunleavy has faced Houston on his home court during his career.
• 1976 graduate of South Carolina.
Game is on ESPNEWS not ESPNU
Chicken starting and Galen back in the lineup for Brooks. Meyer also starting again tonight.
Gray with 5 early. COOGS lead 7-3 with 17:39 to go in the half.
Devin Davis in for Chicken early.
Tulane on a 5-0 run to make it 8-7 Tulane with 15:37 left.
COOGS now 4+ minutes without a bucket.
And then 8 straight for the COOGS
15-13 COOGS, 11:42 left in the half
Got up to 14 in a row before Tulane got a bucket.
21-19 COOGS with 7:27 left as the Cougars have gone cold again.
And the COOGS on a 6-0 run
27-19 with less than 4 left
Halftime, COOGS lead 38-23
Dotson with 12, Gray with 9, Davis with 6
UCONN is beating USF by 48
Won by 46. Tied an AAC record for threes with 16.
39-29 COOGS with 17:49 left.
Dotson going off right now, 6 straight.
And another 3 for Dotson; 9 in a row for him
51-32, COOGS, 15:21 left
Dotson with 14 in a row
61-34 COOGS with 11:56 left.
And now Gray taking over, 7 in a row to include a desperation 3