Cougars Head to LSU for Tuesday Game

I was hoping we could make a statement too. First half was really tight back and fourth. However the second half was very sloppy and uncontrollable.

yawn

Back to post-season football talk

1 Like

Oh, we made a statement. We made it quite clear that we aren’t ready to play anybody with a pulse.

I didn’t get to watch the game last night. Was it a situation that proved we’re not a very good team, or was it just an off night?

1st team.looked good
We got out muscled under the nets

Well, 3 players looked good (Gray, Dotson, and Davis). Galen and Chicken had bad nights and the bench looked scared other than Nkali in the 1st half.

LSU was tall and physical and our guys couldn’t handle that.

How hot is Kelvin Sampson seat. Specially with a new arena coming in 2018.

Probably not very hot at all. The administration loves him and he deserves a chance once the new arena opens.

I’d like to see how they do against Arkansas and Rhode Island though. Neither team has the size LSU sent out there last night which means the Coogs can play their game. I was hoping for at least 2-2 through this stretch so we’re OK.

Cougars Drop First Game of Season at LSU
Rob Gray leads the way with 19 points
http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/112916aaa.html

‘‘We didn’t play very well at all in any area in the first half, but we had a chance to get the lead,’’ Houston coach Kelvin Sampson said. ‘‘I didn’t see a lot of pop tonight. Their size was a factor. We had three starters who did not get a defensive rebound. We have to be a rebounding team.’’

Hot seat??? Man some coogfans have a warped view of the UH basketball program.

Wait until CKS (or any coach) has an equal playing field before we talk about getting rid of them. This after an NIT bid, and starting the season 5-1.

Facilities plus fan support. Once we deliver that, then we can bang our fist on the table demanding the 5 star Houston players and everything that comes with it.

1 Like

If we can see some success this year (even on par with what we saw last year), the new facility should generate the needed excitement to add fan support. Like football before Briles showed up, the basketball program has been so bad for so long that it’s going to take some sustained success to get fans involved again.

I just looked at the schedule for this year and I have to say the game times make it very difficult for me to attend a lot of games. Most of the home conference games have 8pm tip times. That ensures I won’t be able to take my boys, who are 7 and 5, even if they don’t have to get up early for school the next day. If I can’t make it a family event at least most of the time, it’s not worth it for me to attend the games. I would rather stay home and watch them on TV with my boys. Not real sure what to do about this, but just pointing it out.