Courtel Jenkins no longer with Coogs

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/911240652989616128

Was hoping to put him next to Ed next year, but looks like something didn’t pan out since we are parting ways early in the relationship.

Is anyone else worried about the defense after NEXT season, when Oliver leaves? We have decent depth, but besides Oliver and Matt Adams we don’t have any play makers along the front 7. I know, leave it to a Coogfan to worry about 2019 and beyond right? lol

Lets hope CMA recruiting pays off. That’s all we can do to get a good nights rest, IMO.

1 Like

I’m hoping Isaiah chambers, the transfer from tcu, can be that playmaker. I’m a little more concerned about the linebackers.

1 Like

We may never see another Ed Oliver, but we’ll have some good talent in the front 7 for sure. We rarely get big name recruits in the linebacker corp, but always end of with playmakers. We will also have Isaiah Chambers and Brian Jones on the DL in 2019, in addition to Payton Turner, Alexander Duke, Noah Jones, Aymeil Fleming and any other recruits we pick up in the mean time. I’m not worried about our front 7. I’m always concerned about the secondary because it’s just so hard to find talent there.

3 Likes

It’s all about recruiting and player deveolpment, I realize. And I had forgotten about Chambers and Jones. Y’all have eased my fears. Thanks. lol

1 Like

Plus some of the linebackers in this class if we sign them. The kid from LA is a SEC type recruit. I also hope Ed Oliver and Chambers have an impact on local kids for the 2019 recruiting class. The PJ Turner kid has already paid dividends and appears to be a Malveaux clone with better agility.

1 Like

I was worried when WJIII, DMathews, Kolb, Keenum, etc. graduated but UH seemed to fill the voids. I know Oliver’s void is going to be huge but players tend to emerge from the shadows as these play makers graduate.

2 Likes

Our defense puts players in the NFL. Hopefully the new kids will see that and take advantage.

2 Likes

No…players leave and graduate every year on all teams !!!