with over 890 deaths per million. Should join the
+500 crowd sometime early next week. Look out
Sweden we are coming for you.

With an added bonus of Texas being within striking
distance of NY in total deaths.

Total catastrophe.

4 Likes

This was the article in June

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/superbowl-special-2020/europe-suppressed-the-coronavirus-the-us-has-not/vp-BB15JxBQ

This was the article today

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/europe-is-near-the-brink-of-a-second-wave-of-covid-19-will-its-new-containment-strategy-work/ar-BB17GYH0

So much for lockdowns

How does Europe’s daily deaths and cases compare to the US right now? Here is cases from a week ago:

1 Like

Right now lower, check back with me in November and December when they start staying inside.

Germany will do well because they are a very fit nation.

I’m sure the comparisons will be made until the end of this thing.

No doubt. This has become survival of the fittest (literally). It is like Mother Nature is laughing at us. You can run but you can’t hide, she is going to find you. Actually if you did run (or walk)you would have a better chance but alas we sat and got bigger. Have you seen the child obesity numbers from the lockdown? Holy guacamole.

I was going to start putting a list together, but it isn’t even worth it. The numbers don’t even come close. Spain is the worst with new cases and it isn’t even in the same ballpark as Texas. Those countries will take it seriously so I expect Coog51 to once again be wrong.

2 Likes

Yeah but that doesn’t take into account the population size. I mean the US has 330 million people while the EU only has, uh, ummm, 446 million.

Never mind…

2 Likes

Fort Worth we are only in the bottom of the first inning. Even Fauci is saying this thing isn’t going away. Lockdowns didn’t work, the virus is going to take the least fit. We have to wrap our head around that fact. America is obese so America is going to do very poorly. Who lockdowns more fully will impact shorter time periods but ultimately it gets down to who his healthy and who is not. We are not.

I have a lot of friends in the medical center. And yes they are saying that the majority of the people who end up hospitalized are overweight. It’s really morbid (pardon the pun), but here in the US we really do have a collision of two epidemics happening.

Regarding obesity diminishing the effects of vaccines…I started reading up on it last night after you posted those articles and it’s pretty shocking that this is something that has been seen in multiple studies but isn’t really discussed more. It seems that there isn’t a concrete understanding why this happens, but the prevailing thought is that vaccines are intended to activate the immune system to create an immune response, but when you are obese, your body’s immune system is fighting a persistent low level inflammation so it is constantly triggered and occupied elsewhere.

Mystik that is exactly right, they don’t want to tell us the truth because it impacts the money flowing to big pharm. the truth is the vaccine won’t work well in the US because we won’t obtain herd immunity because 48% of the population is obese and vaccines don’t work well on the obese.

They did work… I can show you all the charts of Europe, but you already know it worked very well there. You are bringing up countries who are facing less than a 1000 new cases a day 3 months after lock downs started ending to prove lock downs dont work? More people have died in Harris county this summer than in most European countries.

3 Likes

For short periods of time, yes they work. For the length of this virus? No, no way.

It’s also likely that the higher risk that obesity presents with regards to COVID isn’t just because of the commodities associated with obesity (i.e. heart disease), but because being obese itself compromises the immune system and makes someone more susceptible to the worst case scenario symptoms

I can’t believe no one ever told us there were health risks with being obese.

7 Likes

Randy come on there is a difference between 1) telling someone that obesity will impact you later in life with coronary heart disease and diabetes 2) your obesity increases your chances of dying from Covid by 60% and a vaccine will not work on you.

Those are drastically different warnings. We need to be screaming the second. Why we are not? I don’t know you tell me.

I thought you already bet me that if Texas got over 7k deaths you would never post predictions again? With your Covid-19 is less deadly than the flu and saying Sweden got it right, you have no room to make predictions about this fall/winter.

3 Likes

The studies don’t say it won’t work. They are just less effective. That’s been true of every vaccine yet we’ve been able to contain other viruses.

My guess is we aren’t saying anything because there isn’t much we can do in the short term. And, we’ve been warning people about health risks of obesity for decades and no one has listened.

2 Likes

It seems that is largely understood that being obese actually impacts the immune system itself though…particularly with regards to something like COVID. A lot of the discussion around the health impacts of obesity are tied to things like heart disease and diabetes. More recently, cancer.

I lost that bet Fort Worth, I like a lot of people thought it would die down in the summer like most viruses. It did not, this is a different. I will buy you a beer at the next basketball game unless you are obese and then I am not contributing to your demise.

This is going to last for a long time and all of us are going to catch it.