COVID19 impact on NBA Draft, Deeky and Nate

I hear you. I definitely really want them to come back as well because it will be more of a sure thing we will be very good (so long as no chemistry issues). I also love watching Nate play and I’d love to see Deeky really hit another level. We could be just as good without them but there are more uncertain variables in that equation.

The one potential positive to one or both leaving would be freeing up minutes and helping with chemistry. What happened at Wichita State last year is a bit of a concern for me. That said, I think the culture of the program will hopefully alleviate that potential problem quite a bit. Marshall is a great coach but it seems like CKS is able to form stronger bonds with players based on limited interviews, stories, etc.

2 Likes

Ya. You have to guys that set the standard of the program/culture for newcomers.

And I only mention Dejons age bc it seems there is a little age discrimination going on now with scouting for prospects.

I think he would set the tone for the young guys if he was around to show them the effort that is required.

1 Like

Nate and Deeky were my two favorites the last couple of years. Going into this past season I figured Deeky would be leaving but I really thought Nate would be at least a 3-year guy.

1 Like

I think he will be.

We have Grimes, Sasser, Mills, and Tyson returning for sure. Add Mark and Shead and you already have one guy left out. As much as I would like to see both return, I think neither will and Shead will redshirt leaving the 5 guard rotation Grimes, Sasser, Mills, Tyson, and Mark.

I think everyone thought that but listening to his interview, he sounds like he’s ready to make some money whether it’s from the NBA, G League or overseas.

1 Like

A kid that can get to the NBA can certainly make more money than about any non-sports or movie star can coming out of college. Even playing overseas can be very lucrative. College will still be here if they want to finish their degree.

1 Like