Craziness Poll: Only about half of Americans would take COVID vaccine if they had the chance

Good God.

The Anti-Vaxxer wackos truly have won!

I can tell you this much. The minute a vaccine is approved…I’M TAKING IT!!!

Read on.

2 Likes

The headline doesn’t tell the whole story. ~50% would take, 30% are unsure (doesn’t break out why but I’d guess the rush is playing a role), and 20% would refuse.

1 Like

That ONLY 49% WOULD take it is pretty damned scary.

I can’t imagine anyone being “not sure” about that.

As I said…CRAZINESS!!!

2 Likes

I understand people being concerned about the rush to create a vaccine. It’s a real concern. I’m not saying I’m in that boat but I get it.

For the 20% anti-vaxxers, I’m with you. Even some of the 30% are probably close to that.

1 Like

I have no problem getting it, I assume that 30% who are on the fence will get it once the first half get it and don’t die. For those conspiracy nuts, bring on the microchips! Bill Gates already has most of my info anyway. Google has the rest.

Wonder how those numbers change if is was developed in Russia or China. Apparently Putin tested theirs on his own daughter and it is ready to roll.

Agree, I think most of them will too.

If these dopes weren’t such a threat to public safety in general, I’d say just let them sign a waiver that by refusing vaccines anything that could be vaccinated for, if they end up in the hospital for it…TS, no taking up valuable resources. You want natural? Try some natural selection.

2 Likes

I agree, its not like we are just going to take another countries word on it. If is does come from Russia or China, I think that may make the number not getting the vaccine higher because of all the scare tactics that will show up on social media and the internet.

1 Like

Put the anti-vaxxers on an island and no travel until herd immunity. Lol

Just kidding, kinda.

2 Likes

I can’t stand pieces like these. “Only Half of Americans”. When did we have time to poll ALL Americans? This truly is a non-story. Extrapolation, all kinds of availability bias, and lord knows what else.

1 Like

These folks fit into one of George Carlin’s three categories here (NSFW, there’s some words you can’t say on television): - YouTube

2 Likes

According to this poll, a large majority of white democrats polled were in favor of taking a vaccine (really most any vaccine) - with little to no question of its effectiveness vs its risk - reflecting their near blind faith & trust in the government to provide answers and solutions.

This group seems to also include most of the folks that are protesting & rioting up in Oregon and elsewhere. What an interesting time it is to be an American.

1 Like

If it gets rushed out the door without being thoroughly tested, then put me on the “I’ll see if you guys don’t die first” list.

1 Like

Why can’t some help themselves but to inject politics into everything?

7 Likes

It’s ingrained identity at this point. As much as a part of people as being UH grads, and all sorts of things for huge chunk of this country it’s THE identifying factor. It just comes out.

The poll that started this thread was based upon age, race & political party.

The poll was about views on vaccines. You went far beyond that. This is why threads get shut down.

4 Likes

Do you not understand how vaccines are developed?

1 Like

The concern for me is that the push for a vaccine not only has US political motivations…there are geo political ramifications as well. As in countries are already posturing to establish the post covid new world order. Being the first with a vaccine and the ability to offer humanitarian aid to countries around the world creates leverage and influence.

I wonder how people’s answers would change if a vaccine were available, but it was coming from China or Russia? Because both countries are posturing get that vaccine out before we do.

I don’t think there is anything nefarious going on, but there is definitely a rush to be the first to have control of the vaccine. I question whether the normal safety protocols for a vaccine will be carried out or if shortcuts will be taken.

Plus I’ve played too many resident evil games in my lifetime lol

2 Likes