D’Eriq King: College Football’s Underappreciated Star

Oh why oh why would he be underappreciated? Let’s see … would he be underappreciated if he was playing for A&M? …answer: front cover Dave Campbell’'s Texas Football Magazine.

1 Like

Because Texas…even our some of own fans bow at that altar. I would imagine many fans such as Bea…sorry Coogfans that are blinded by P5 distinctions believe that Sammy Boy is more deserving because…Texas. King is the best in the state, by far, according to past results. Texas dum-dums likes them some glossy magazimes!!!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/DeriqKing_/status/1150504810061422593?s=20

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/1150860842679898112?s=21

1 Like

I’ll call him a King, Murray is so last year.

The D will appreciate a slower pace. Nice TD drives of at least 10 plays are so much better for the D than a flurry of 1 or 2 play drives or 3 and outs.

3 Likes

100% agree. But Briles was so much more about flash than actually winning games.

1 Like

I can still him see him throwing for 40 tds and over 4500 yards in this offense. Even with a slightly slower pace.

4 Likes

I have a feeling DK will tear it up and have many P5 teams too scared to play us…or my name does not include “DK” in it!

2 Likes

Speaking of guys that will tell you how great they are if you ask them, you don’t have to be in rare form… to know this Shasta is full of himself. Give a guy a furry suit to wear and they think they are God’s gift to our University.

Sorry you got your feelings hurt a month and a half ago…

3 Likes

No feelings hurt here. I just happened to see an old post of yours with a terrible attempt on your part to identify me as a Longhorn fan. That has never been true but I can honestly say that I would expect a true longhorn fan to think and act similarly to someone like yourself! Go Coogs or as they say at your house hook em!

We all know your recent affection for the Aggies and SEC, so I put nothing past you…

3 Likes

My one SEC affection is for Alabama as I have a son who is currently a student there. Because of that I have seen another side of the college experience both scholastically and on the football field. What I have discovered there is what I want for my UH to be when we grow up.
My point related to TAMU was they have a National Championship and we don’t and yes yes yes I know it was long ago. They have one and we don’t. Scoreboard (on that point alone) TAMU.
Alabama has 17 National Championships and we don’t. I know they didn’t win last year so it’s been almost 2 whole years since they won.
Scoreboard Alabama.

That is because Briles is all about Briles and as long as his offense is putting up glitzy numbers to make him look good, what happens to the defense and actually winning is of secondary importance.

2 Likes

I think Briles liked putting up gaudy numbers and quite frankly I liked that too but I don’t believe for a moment that Art liked gaudy numbers at the expense of winning.

1 Like

UH will never be like Bama or A&M and that’s a good thing.

If you don’t like National Championships I guess you are right!!

What you say about Briles was/is true…However, Apply Boy was suppose to be in charge !! Of what, I have no idea !

1 Like

You love: Alabama, SEC, and TAMU over the Coogs. Got it! No confusion anymore!

4 Likes