D1Baseball.com Houston Regional

Predictions for Most Exciting Player, Best Hitter, Best Pitcher, etc

1 Like

Aggies and Hawkeye fans seem to be very confident about their chances; strange for a team that’s lost 8 of 10 and a team that’s lost to some very bad teams this year.

https://collegebaseballcentral.com/college-baseball-regional-superlatives/15812/

Toughest Regional: Houston

pray10Patrick1h
Aggies and Hawkeye fans seem to be very confident about their chances; strange for a team that’s lost 8 of 10 and a team that’s lost to some very bad teams this year.

It’s college baseball and the post season…ANYTHING can happen.

1 Like

Has a schedule of game times been posted for Saturday & Sunday?

Probably also teams that know absolutely nothing about this UH team. It would be beneath them to study up on a G5 team.

1 Like

Yes. Check out Duarte’s Twitter feed.

Rogers seems bitter. He was very outspoken at the beginning of the year about how we were nothing special, didn’t deserve to be ranked, etc. I remember making a comment in one of his weekly chats asking how he could justify not ranking a team that others were projecting to host a regional. It turned out that we were right and he couldn’t have been more wrong, and it seems to still be affecting his analysis.

Backhanded statements like “no one in this regional has an overwhelming rotation” and then naming A&M as the best, when we have one of the best rotations in the country, and then saying that we will have to start Cumbie on Friday, when we will almost certainly start Ullom.

1 Like

D1 really sticks with their preconceived notions from the beginning of the year instead of looking at what’s playing out. Even a few years ago, and even last year, it took them awhile to move us down in the rankings when we weren’t living up to expectations.

I’m glad there’s a site this dedicated to college baseball, but they really need to have more balance in their coverage. Too often, they seem overly biased in one direction or another and there’s not enough dissenting voices on their site to really make it worthwhile. I don’t want ESPN First Take style coverage, but there doesn’t need to be this type of group-think either.

Outlook: Houston finds itself in a difficult regional, facing a team in Baylor that beat it two of three in Waco, a solid Aggies team, and an Iowa team with the Division I leader in homers. The Cougars are difficult to beat in Schroeder Park, where they are 21-7, and they have the pitching to take care of business this weekend.

ESPN gives its announcers a spiff every time they say “mid-major”.