Damyean Dotson to Knicks

(Patrick) #82

(Patrick) #83

(User was banned for sending threatening/abusive messages.) #84

“will bring along two of his young point guards in Ntilikina and Emmanuel Mudiay as well as the Knicks’ 2017 second-round pick, shooting guard Damyean Dotson, on a trip to Beantown.”

“Dotson, 24, likely will move up on the ladder next season over Ron Baker, who went through an injury-riddled sophomore jinx of a campaign and was considered Jeff Hornacek’s guy.”

(Patrick) #85

Good for Dot. Looks like he’s going to get a chance.

(Patrick) #86

(Patrick) #87

(Patrick) #88

“My rookie year was decent,’’ Dotson said. “I wasn’t super consistent and I need to be more consistent with knowing my role and defensive assignments. Sometimes I slipped up on assignments. I learned a lot throughout the season about what I need to get better at. I think it showed toward the end of the season when I was getting more playing time. The G-League experience was also great for me. It helped my confidence, showing me that I belong. I was also able to score the basketball and grab rebounds and play like I did in college.”

At the Las Vegas summer league in early July, unless the Knicks draft another point guard, Ntilikina and Dotson could well be the starting backcourt.

“I want to play as many games as I can,’’ Dotson said. “It’s all about getting better. Hopefully, we play every game and win it.”

(David) #89

Retweeted by Chicken Knowles…good night for Dot. Is it me or does it look like he changed his shot a little? It seems different than what I remember but my mind may be forgetting as well.

(Patrick) #90

Looks similar, but it looks like his release is a little slower. Maybe it was because he was open on the looks in the video so he took his time.

Dot’s going to play his way into more playing time there. Just needs the chance. The way he’s playing so far, he may get consideration for 6th man of the year. 14.7 PPG 6.7 RPG as the 1st option off the bench is really good…only been 3 games, but I think he can continue it.

(Patrick) #91

(Mark Ross) #92

Dot is starting tonight for the Knicks against Golden State. He has earned this opportunity.

(Patrick) #93

Having a pretty good game to; Knicks are leading in the 3rd

(Patrick) #94

Never mind, Fizdale sits Dot and the rest of the starters for a long stretch in the 3rd and 4th and Golden State goes on one of their runs.

(Patrick) #95

Dotson and the Knicks on ESPN starting soon. Dotson in the starting 5 again.

Dot hits a 3 in the 4th to create a little space. He’s got 13 so far.

(Patrick) #98

Double figures in scoring in every game he’s played so far this year.

(Patrick) #99

(Patrick) #100

(Patrick) #101

Man, Dot would fit perfectly with the Rockets. Hope he’s on Morey’s radar because he’d fill that 3 and D role that they need after losing Ariza.