Dana Moves to #8

… on the Coaches Hotseat rankings.

1 Like

Irrelevant… first year. Stupid to even have him on a list like that.

27 Likes

The question is… where is Tom Herman? He should definitely be on that list.

17 Likes

P5 bias even in the Hot Seat rankings?

1 Like

After the Fertitta comments suggesting he go fetch one of the DB writers a roll, I refuse to acknowledge or click that garbage. Bush league website with a weird vibe.

PS…DB did not stand for defensive back.

3 Likes

I talk to my horn friends and believe me, Tom seat is warmed to a blister. If he loses to K-State, he’s all but done.

2 Likes

It would be sweet if the whorns lost the rest of their games. Maybe he needs to kiss both cheeks. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

2 Likes

There is a very high probability of that happening. K St’s new coach is legit.

3 Likes

Hahaha…Dana ranked higher than Sumlin. Lol

3 Likes

Since Dana The First is # 27, that makes him the top (bottom?) exUH coach in the poll? Yikes…with Herman looming on the horizon we are favorites for #1 former school representation in the poll. Oh, not to mention Helton!

That’s what they get when eff’ing leave The University of Houston! TALKIN’ BOUT MY COOGS!

6 Likes

I can think of about $30 million reasons why Herman is not on the list. But he’ll make it at some point.

His schtick will grow old in Austin (If it hasn’t already). But he’ll be a wealthy man.

4 Likes

IM Shocked that Herman has not won a conference championship yet. Along the same line it’s stupid to say Dana is on the hot seat. We have applesauce 2 years. So everyone calm ur jets. Just like kelvin he will right the ship.

6 Likes

That site is fun to look at but obviously way off if the goal is to project which coach is closest to getting fired. There is close to a 0% chance Dana would get fired after this season. I can’t fathom Pat Fitzgerald gets fired after this season either. Both are below Randy Edsall who seems like a pretty good possibility to get fired. I could see UTSA moving on from Frank Wilson also depending on how they finish the season and he’s at #28.

1 Like

Pat Fitzgerald is arguably in more danger simply because this isn’t his first season.

He’s been a head coach for a long time, and his team is undergoing a sudden COLLAPSE after many respectable seasons, and back to back Top 20 finishes.

With Dana, it’s different.

As I’ve said before…EVERY new head coach is entitled to one “freebie” sucky season.

1 Like

This thread on this subject is beyond ridiculous !

Maybe CDH is playing this so he won’t be on the list next season. I just wish I was younger. Next year will be interesting…but the older you get the longer next year looks.
Dumb list anyway.

1 Like

I wasn’t arguing Fitzgerald vs Dana. I was mentioning Fitzgerald vs Edsall or Frank Wilson. Northwestern has 6 top 25 finishes in the last seventy years. 4 of those are under Fitzgerald and 3 of those were in the 4 years before this one. They lost their senior QB in the first game. He’s an alum. There’s no way he’s more likely to get fired than Edsall or Wilson right now.

1 Like

My comments were just for fun on a by week. :stuck_out_tongue: