Dana Moves to #8

I lived in Evanston IL from 2009 to 2013 and attended a number of NW games. When Weis was fired at Norte Dame in 2009 they came after Fitzgerald big time. Pat was a Chicago area native and a NW star on their 1996 Rose Bowl team. Unlike Art Briles, Pat stuck with his roots and turned down a Norte Dame golden parachute. NW won the Big Ten West champion ship last year. Still looking for UH guy like him!

1 Like

For all the vitriol Applewhite is getting on this board, his football team was ranked 17th in AP poll last season and had a winning record in his two season’s here.

Similarly for all the bashing Tom Herman is receiving, Houston had its highest ranking and its most successful seasons since CBY.

CDH at 3-6 should be given the scrutiny that he deserves and rightfully so based purely on his record. For the record, I am not sold on CDH , think he’s best is behind him and we should have hired an ambitious, driven, coordinator from a top 5 P5 program.

3 Likes

Like the old Dirty Harry line… opinions are like AH’s, everybody has one !

RIDICULOUS summation! If you actually WERE scrutinizng, you would see that CDH and his coaches are building for the long term…CDH is building a culture here to be a consistent winner in future, and THAT takes time…We sacrifice what…a 7-5 record and another lousy bowl bid, for a chance… a real chance to win the championship NEXT year and maybe go to a NY6…Using your win now no matter what rationale, Minnesota would have fired Fleck BEFORE he could do what he has done this year…Given what we have done with red shirting and all the injuries we have had, it is foolish to demand and expect a winning record this year…You can make that demand for NEXT year and have a leg to stand on…I would expect CDH is going to accomodate you, as far as winning is concerned…

6 Likes

Pretty funny. After the bye week, he dropped to 11.

1 Like

And how many wins did he have vs teams with winning records much less ranked teams? How many games has CDH’s team lost by 56 and given up 70?

3 Likes

I just cant help but think your handle refers to the “40 acres” and your name is missing Herman behind the Tom.

Seriously though, what Vermin or Applejacks did to our program was not helpful otherwise we would not have a 3-6 record right now. If they had truly helped us we would be competing for the conference title.

6 Likes

Our schedule was really soft last year. Much softer than this year. We started losing when it got harder (and also when we had injuries to be fair) so bringing up where we were during the easiest part of an easy schedule is disingenuous.

It’s fair to be critical of Dana and maybe his “best is behind him” and he’ll ultimately fail here. But the “best is behind him” is kind of a weird opinion to have considering that from 2016-2018 his B12 conference record was 18-9, which is the best 3 year stretch he had as a head coach.

2 Likes

Tom, so that if he has a winning season he’ll bolt like the previous 3 coaches? Give it at least another season. And with all the P5’s looking to poach coaches from AAC, just who do you suggest might be a better candidate who wants to build a program here? If we don’t make it to P5 under CDH I suspect we can pretty well forget P5 altogether.

Beat Memphis.

2 Likes

If Hermerroid left texas the way he left us. Man oh man… that’s like dreaming of winning the lottery. I would have a ut board meltdown party.

There are less than a hand full of jobs that are better than Texas with all its resources. Maybe 3-4 schools max, not many. Currently, 6 of 9 former members of the SWC are in a Power5. UofH is a Group5 school. There are 50+ teams in a Power5 conference. Hence, there are 50+ teams that a coach would leave UofH to compete for a national championship.

But there are only a handful of schools that you can actually win a national championship at

Lololololololol Herman!