Dane Roy

Picked a great team to play on to showcase his talents

14 Likes

Some on here were complaining about Dane’s punting last year. I thought he was fine. He’s obviously kicked it up a notch. Wow, he’s pretty great. Although I hate that I know he is, due to our offensive problems (pun intended).

7 Likes

He’s one of the main reasons we’re still in this game! Great performance so far.

5 Likes

To me he has just been an average punter, until this year. He has been pretty amazing this year.

7 Likes

I’m not sure I agree with you, as his stats are pretty consistent, with this year being a big jump, but stats are a fairly ridiculous way to evaluate a punter.

1 Like

Not just in the game. He was doing some killer kicks practicing. 3 footers for Eagle type stuff.

I have nothing but an opinion here, but it seems like the coaches have let him use his talent this year. In other words, letting him kick the crap out of the ball, and not worrying about hang time. I am very uneducated here, but strictly from the viewer’s eye, it seems he is more in his element.

8 Likes

Bingo

1 Like

I don’t understand why more college teams don’t kick at the corners.

Dane will be drafted IMO.

3 Likes

Again, he was under Apple Boy the previous years.

2 Likes

He’s shown that he can execute several different kicks. He does a great job of limiting return opportunities and hitting his spots.

1 Like

Section 310 tried to start an MVP chant for Roy. Didn’t take…

1 Like

Don’t bring that crap to section 12X.

2 Likes

If I knew what section 12x was I’d be there pregame for smoo with my Dane Roy MVP rally towel

3 Likes

You will get punched in the face.

It’s an old running joke from about ten years ago

3 Likes

Nah. I definitely would not get punched in the face. I’ll stay on the outside of this inside joke tho.

Dane was our best offensive weapon early in the game.

Yeah nobody’s really getting punched

https://www.patreon.com/posts/31143545

This was a real treat.

Dane Roy, the punter for the Houston Cougars and a native of Australia, discusses his many journeys: to the United States, to college football, to an athletic career as a punter, and so much more. Dane Roy discusses Australian sports culture, his foremost influences in punting, the nuances of the craft of punting, his ideas for onside kicks, his three head coaches at Houston, and some notable developments in the 2019 college football season.

If you love punting, this is your show… but our 45 minutes with Dane Roy cover so much more ground than just punting. You will learn a lot, which is what this podcast always tries to do.