David E. Rojas 11.27.66 - 1.8.21

Coog Nation,

It is with great great sadness and such a heavy heart that my cousin David passed away this morning. From the darkest of game days to the brightest, he was the #1 Coog Fan! He battled cancer for the better part of a year and a half, fighting hard, making progress, winning… only to lose in the end to Covid. He was passionate about all things Houston, but U of H was special. You could always find him on game day at the heart of the Code Red Tailgate. Dave, I pray that you are with God, in a better place and reuniting with family. I love you Brother, you will be missed. This is how I will remember you. Rest in peace. Eat em up Dave!

34 Likes

Very sorry for your loss.

6 Likes

Very heartfelt post and I am saddened for your loss. Thank you for letting us know.

4 Likes

Very sorry for your loss. Thank you for letting us know and for sharing this tribute to him.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear this…prayers to the family from Cougar Nation…

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss. He was a great Coog.

4 Likes

Very sorry for you loss. Prayers to your family.

4 Likes

My sincere condolences to you and all.

4 Likes

Condolences and prayers. I had the opportunity to hang out with Dave one time at the NCAA tourney viewing party at Fertitta and interacted with him regularly on social media. Absolutely one of the best people I’ve had the fortune to meet and a great Coog.

4 Likes

Awww… that stinks… 2021 already looking worse than 2020.

3 Likes

I got to meet him briefly at an away game. Very positive and upbeat guy. Best wishes.

4 Likes

Our condolences.

4 Likes

I’m sad to hear that. My condolences.

3 Likes

Very sorry for your loss. May you and his loved ones find peace in this difficult time. God bless.

4 Likes

I met Dave through the Code Red Tailgate. What a great guy! I’m grateful for all his hard work in helping make the tailgate such a great success, and - while I didn’t get to know him that well - feel blessed to have spent time and shared Cougar victories with such a class act. My condolences and God’s peace to all of Dave’s loved ones, his many friends, and you.

7 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace and comfort for your family.

4 Likes

My prayers for your loss

3 Likes

May he rest in peace.

3 Likes

I didn’t know him, but I know I’ve met him at a game or tailgate.

Prayers for your family from his Coog family.

3 Likes

My condolences. I didn’t know David, but he sure looks like a great Coog.

3 Likes