DeAnthony Jones

Whatever the case, hopefully Charlie Brewer will be on his back all day on Saturday due to several DeAnthony Jones sacks! I’m so pumped to see this game.

2 Likes

Some use social media like It’s their daily journal of thoughts and emotions. Not for me but everyone is different.

1 Like

lol Same from me friend. I watched a few of their games yesterday and one thing that stood out to me is their offensive line play last year. It wasn’t too great technically as a unit. When I get some time this week I’ll post on it. They had some big guys but a lot of their blocking was muddled together instead of controlled and precise.

It was if they only wanted to stand/be in the way instead of trying to move you. Another thing that stood out about their OL. If you go watch their games they struggled with loops, stunts, and delayed blitzes off the edge. They also seem have had similar communication issues that we did. They lost some key guys from that unit as well.

We’ll see. We might be able to exploit that. But we’ll have to be aggressive because Brewer was very efficient.

At first glance of their roster, I was a bit concerned about the size of their O-line, so that’s good to hear. I noticed that they lost several players on defense, so I think we’ll be able to put up some points.

1 Like

No doubt. Hopefully we can get 3 more stops and 3 more TDs than them to keep this from feeling like a shootout. We’ll see.

1 Like

He doesn’t need to be told anything by internet guys. He is looking forward to proving himself. Do you want players satisfied with not starting?
Time will tell if he is for real, or not.

1 Like

This is simply how some athletes … often times very good athletes … motivate themselves.

3 Likes

I always wanted to ask a cop that just to get his reaction then laugh. As far as Jones goes, I am not a mind reader, so I don’t know what or why he does or says the things he does. But, when a guy puts things out in public he is inviting all to have their own opinions and reactions to it. If he brings it on Saturday, that’s really all I care about.

He isn’t a child anymore, so I assume he is tough enough to handle the comments which are made about him, not to him, on a chat board. If not, he should not look at them. What we say to each other is just chatter and though they may be about him, they really don’t involve him.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1305950405050933255

3 Likes

That’s the way Sammy Brown was. Pretty mediocre out of JUCO the first 4 or 5 games. After that, he lived in our opponent’s backfield.

1 Like

Sammy Brown became a one man wrecking crew. He was a joy to watch!

3 Likes

Very encouraging note from DCJC

1 Like

So happy for this kid today. . He is going to be a good player for us.

6 Likes

My main take-away from the Tulane game is that DeAnthony Jones is GOOD!

1 Like

The coaches said watch out for him after game 5-6 when he gets his conditioning right. He will be a beast.

HAHAHA… I got yall eating crow.

:sunglasses: u sure

Hindsight is always 20/20. This is the only thing you were “right” about. Jones had a good game and so did Parish.

1 Like

Hindsight ?? Boiii… I predicted this like over a month ago.

?? Parish played a hell of a game last night. And should have had 2 sacks if he wasn’t being held by the LT all night.

We have great ends. No reason to put down Parish or anyone else. Jones, Anenih, and Parish is a hell of a 3 headed monster.

And forgot about Payton Turner. Although, it looks like they’re just lining him up everywhere on the line. That kid was an absolute beast last night. Looked like an all-American.

6 Likes