Defense against Navy

That’s what I think will happen. They average about 10/game I expect 15-20.

AAC really needs to improve the quality of officiating, IMHO.

4 Likes

We were 2-8 Whitley’s junior year and then started SWC play the following year, 1976. Big Wilson stepped it up against the top competition and had a Lombardi senior year. Unfortunately Big Ed will not get a chance to play against folks like Texas, Baylor, Arkansas, Texas Tech, et. all his final year here…

Yeoman basically redshirted everyone on that 2-8 team to get ready for SWC play.

If the defense cannot stop Tulsa and Tulane, do you really think this coaching staff can stop Navy option . Yeah… that’s what I thought . Houston’s defense left town with Coach Orlando.
Time to stop this silliness , clean house and put together a defensive staff.

2 Likes

Can there defense stop our offense?

You saw exactly what I saw. Happened the whole game!!!

Orlando’s D got dominated last year by Navy. They completely embarrassed us…

1 Like

I’m hoping for the best, but guys have to step up. We blamed last year’s performance on not having Bowser, Taylor, and B. Wilson. Well guess what, we don’t have them this year either. #1 needs to be benched if he sits back and waits for the runner to get to him like he did last year many times in that Navy game.

Orlando defense really never stopped Navy either, in 2015 turnovers stopped Navy.

1 Like

But don’t forget that we were loaded with juniors during that 2-8 campaign…Our 72-73 class was perhaps our best recruiting class in school history. The key redshirt was a guy named Danny Jones, who later changed his name to Danny Davis. I would say he made a world of difference in that first year in the SWC!

No, but Brian Johnson can stop our offense

2 Likes

For sure. Maybe his headset will malfunction.

1 Like

Acres
Feel like changing your post?

3 Likes

Navy season low 14 points!!!
222 yards rushing!!!'nn

1 Like

Would you say we stopped them today? Now that game over

Admit I was wrong, defense executed flawlessly. Still need to see consistency against passing offenses, but today was a good day for Coach Dinofrio and his team.

1 Like

Nice effort by the defense today. Whenever you hold Navy to 14 points and 0 in the second half, it’s a good day! Ed had himself another great game!

1 Like

First half had lots if missed assignments or guys getting blocked. Second half was about as good as you can play Navy.

Overall, no complaints here. 10 TFL and < 300 total yards.

2 Likes

Good call chief.