Defense

No blitz, no rush. We got an interception by Sprewell but the 2nd half has to feature qb pressure from defense. Ridiculous making their o-line look like Patriots

6 Likes

Their line is huge lol

2 Likes

Obviously we are doing something right.

1 Like

It’s called they got the hosses and we don’t

5 Likes

Our defense sux

It does. But it also shows what an absolute terrible hire Applewhite was.

5 Likes

Well, the announcers said that not one blitzer got to the WSU QB last year. That is pretty damn salty.

4 Likes

Is… too soft. Keeps getting exposed and no adjustments whatsoever.

Side note. I see Stuard constantly flying in front of and ahead of his peers to finish and make tackles. From across the field no less.
Pretty good indication of missed assignment or just lack of motivation

I thought the defense showed improvement tonight. They had some good moments some not so good. You’re playing Wash State they’re gonna get yards and points. I think we’ll keep improving let’s see how we do versus downgraded competition.

9 Likes

Tulane will kill us with that logic

ARe you geniuses aware that Wash ST didnt give up a blitz sack the entire year last year?? Pass protect is their specialty…

5 Likes

We made it easy for them.

Jeez, PAC 12 ranked team, coached by the Pirate and we were one or two plays away from winning. The Refs sucked. Stop panicking. If we suck at Tulane then we can panic and stir up the Jonestown cocktails.

13 Likes

Coaches have been crucified for daring to lose to Tulane; Levine, Applewhite… I wonder what the Holgorsen lovers will say if we do? Oh, I know… it is Applewhite’s fault! We’re building something, it takes time.

1 Like

Last year?

I don’t know which one is worst the Onofrio defense from last year or this one.

1 Like

Really? The defense did not lose us this game.

3 Likes

Tulane is actually pretty good this season. And we get them on the road. I have no confidence in winning there.

2 Likes

These guys are improving whereas D’Onofrio’s got worse in large part due to injuries. These guys are fully healthy and are making small steps to get better.

3 Likes

I saw progress tonight against a really talented team. Still a long ways to go though.

4 Likes