Defensive Coordinator on the Horizon?

Anyone heard anything on possible candidates for our DC?

Check the thread “DC Possibilities” :+1:

1 Like

Latest rumors are Tosh Lupoi or possibly Randy Shannon who finished his season today. Shannon has more experience than Lupoi and happened to coach with Clay Jennings on the Arkansas staff. If you wanted Houston to recreate the Miami story, it would not hurt to have a guy with firsthand experience.

1 Like

Shannon was the interim DC because Geoff Collins left and will probably be promoted to DC at Florida after today’s effort.

I would be surprised if Florida doesn’t remove the interim tag and name Randy Shannon the DC.

I posted this in the other thread, but David Gibbs’ contract expires on the 4th. I have not seen anywhere that he has signed an extension or that they are working on one.

1 Like

Agree that Shannon could be named the DC at Florida, but odd that he had to prove it in a bowl game when already on staff and with his wealth of experience. We are not talking about a young coach making his first step up from a position coach. We will know in a couple of days.

The interesting thing about Shannon is that he has ties to Clay Jennings hired on staff, is looking for a DC job, and fits the LB coach open for us. Gibbs hiring would make Jennings a bit redundant.

1 Like

Its totally nuts but one individual even suggested Wade Philips. Kinda made my heart jump until the light turned green and the guy behind me honked.

1 Like