Dejon Jarraeu - Next Great UH Star

I am so impressed with Dejon. He attacks and is very clutch. We can’t win with him alone but I am really looking forward to all the upcoming games. 18 pts off the bench and 7 assists. The AAC tournament, March Madness and next year season are looking bright for our Coogs!

8 Likes

He’s improving every game. The last few games, we haven’t seen as many attempts at home-run passes, and he is finishing much better at the basket. Having a guy like him off the bench is such a luxury.

5 Likes

KS said he sees something different from him in every practice.

3 Likes

True. Its looking more and more if he keeps improving, next year might be his last year at UH. That’s ok… the program is in a great place now with CKS at helm.

Fortunately KS has created depth in his program. He said, “we’re deep” several times at his press conference last night.

Depth also makes us hard to prepare for. No team on our schedule is going to key on Jarreau.

1 Like

If he improves his outside shooting, he’s a lean college version of Harden in the making. No one can keep him from going to the cup. I just hope we have enough outside shooting around him. Everyone needs to take 1000 3’s a day in the offseason.

4 Likes

No team can prepare for any one player on this year’s team. We have too many guys who can step up.

1 Like

Wow! There are some days that I might only be able to squeeze in 750. But, I’ll sure give it a go!

6 Likes

Alley is starting to develop his 3 shot. The redshirt Wells frosh from NC to quote CKS “is the best shooter he’s recruited at UH.” Also Gorham supposedly has a touch for 3. I’m thinking we’re lethal next year.

2 Likes

Correct. But i’m enjoying this year.

2 Likes

Coach basically said he hasn’t even peaked yet…:open_mouth::eyes:

I’m not even sure the team as a whole has peaked yet, and that’s good. But this kid for sure is turning into a stud at the right time. And yes I agree about taking 1000 3s. Good thing is , I feel like developing your Trey ball game is one of the easier things to develop and improve.

6 Likes

How many should we make?

3 Likes

DJ is the first guy I have seen since Jeff Hickman to shoot long distance set shots.

he has improved throughout the season and seems to get better each game

just a few weeks ago my daughter remarked that he was too out of control, he would penetrate but lost the ball as often as he made the bucket.
that has changed, he seems to have slowed down just a step and as his past couple of games has shown, not only penetrates but controls the ball all the way in and makes difficult shots look easy…he’s not gray, or anders yet… maybe at the anthony goldwire level, but he’s gonna keep getting better and may yet take over a game this season not just in the closing minutes …if he can get to the 20+ range in points that could make this team super dangerous

I’m in for 1,000/day. My wife, she’s in for 500/day. My 9-year old twins have the Cougar Spirit, they’re in for 1,000/day, each, but only a 7-foot goal. I’m excited for next year…but I sure am enjoying the ride this season. I love that we have an active message board forum and everyone is discussing our Coogs in a positive way. It sure beats having 500 fans at the HOF and wishing for a return to PSJ. It’s a great time to be Cougar!

Go Coogs. Peace.

4 Likes

Corey Davis, Brooks, Gresham (the minimal minutes he gets Blocks BPM on court) his D is tenacious, I’m sorry but future star - don’t rule out Cedric Alley as he develops. NATE HINTON is really freaking good. So quick to the ball as a rebounder and he gets the ball up the court almost as fast as Robinson. And I think G. Robinson has a chance in NBA because of his speed and on ball D abilities.

Chris Harris, 6’10 athletic - NBA for sure - I watched him (and Davis) at San Jac… The progression of Harris from then to current is absurd. Davis at San Jac was obviously great but he had to placate some talented head cases which took away from his game there (he was still great despite those more talented head cases). Davis best player on our team by far. Star as much as Rob G. just no recognition (IMO).
Dejon Jarraeu - is showing his talent in last 3 games and he does look like he has highest ceiling - which is crazy to say.

Oh ya, Brooks is unreal as well.

This is U Houston we haven’t seen this much talent on one team ever… Shame Davis and Robinson don’t have another year. Their work ethic and leadership is teaching all the other players on team what’s up in terms of focus, intensity, effort and support of teammates after mistakes. Scold and move on.

Yes Akeem O and Drexler we better than anyone on this team Maybe even Rob W was better but through our 10 -11 players no team with this many potential NBA p[layers.

Am I crazy?
HEheHeHe…

2 Likes

IMHO I think that Jarreau still tends to dribble too high, that’s why he has had a lot of balls stolen from him. I think he’s still trying to adjust from high school where he was probably the most dominate player on the court.

2 Likes

Hear what you are saying but he played at UMass his first year and sat out last year so he has certainly been exposed to big time basketball. I think he will be coached up and has unlimited potential…Not sure I can compare him to anyone that has played at UH that I saw play…but with time he could be special. He has that ability to penetrate and dish out lob passes for dunk or he can attack the bucket. No doubt, he is a keeper…
We just need to get White back on track, get Armoni to be more consistent and keep Harris movin’ on up…

3 Likes

Watching the Cincy game especially in the 2nd half, it seemed like every time he got the ball, he went to the basket, not even thinking about passing the ball. I was worried that he was just a 1 on 1 guy. It seemed like his reputation. I didnt realize he led the team that game with 5 assists.

Then against UConn he had 6 assists in the 1st half. Amazing!

2 Likes

Galen has been shooting them all year.

1 Like