DeLoss Dodds

How in the heck does the guy who broke up the SWC and ended the UT v A&M game get recognized at the Texas Kick Off Classic. Coach Seals I get, David Klingler ok, Richmond Webb absolutely. But Dodds???

Good thing they held that ceremony on the Washington State side of the field.

5 Likes

This really happened??? Ridiculous. I wonder if the organizer of this event was a longhorn. The entire night was odd as a Coog fan.

5 Likes

When did this happen? I didn’t see anything about it.

I know I booed him

7 Likes

I’m not going to say he doesn’t deserve any recognition anywhere because like him or not (for almost all of us, it’s “not”) he did a good job for UT as their AD prior to the massive failure at the end of his tenure with the Longhorn network, the PAC exodus falling apart and ultimately driving the Aggies to the SEC.

However, it is very odd to recognize him at a game in Houston the Coogs are playing in because he has singularly been the most destructive individual for our athletics program.

12 Likes

Basically shooting the bird to the school that did you a favor. Low class and disrespectful. Do it next year, or at the Texas bowl.

2 Likes

They should have recognized him today when UT plays Rice, no during a game of which he is no significance in.

7 Likes

Barf…

They should recognize him at a UT game. He has not been good for the overall state of football in Texas.

When he dies I intend to salute him by pouring very good scotch over his grave…after I run it through my liver.

17 Likes

yes, the Texans organization which puts on these events is predominately staffed by longhorns on the sr. mgmt level.

3 Likes

F them then.

8 Likes

I horns downed that guy . He kept us out of Big 12 and was behind the culture that runs off other schools. Shows arrogance just being there

9 Likes

There is already a thread on the subject:

Mods?

Was a slap in the face, there was a bonghorn in the wood pile that drug his old carcass out there for our game.

With Horn playing tonight, why wouldn’t they wait until tonight and honor him in front of their fans?

2 Likes

I got to boo the bleep out of him as did most of the Coogs. I could hear it and I know he must have heard it. At least he knows we haven’t forgotten

3 Likes

TU. Wherever you go, there they are.

1 Like

I thank God every day for DeLoss Dodds. He kept the Whorns pretty irrelevant for a loooooong time.

2 Likes

During his tenure as AD Texas won 19 National Championships and 287 conference titles. I’m no Tsip, but… this is like saying J Hurts is all hype.

Still he should have been honored on Sat during the game.

I agree with you on all points!