D'Eriq King deserves better

I feel so bad for the kid

It’s unfair that he’s had to deal with 3 different coaches, 3 different offensive schemes, 3 different cordinators… shall I go on?

My heart sinks for King and I hope the NFL gives him a chance because he would be Kyler Murray with an OU Offensive Line and reciever core

I don’t blame Holgorsen. I blame the way Houston has been treated for the past 3 decades.

We deserve to be in a P5 conference. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be.

Go Coogs

10 Likes

Did he redshirt? Maybe CDH should redshirt him. I’d rather give him another year to play with all the transfer sitting out this year. We’re adding a few more on defense, one in particular (Alabama transfer) that should give the d-line a big boost. Not to mention, you have several DB’s sitting out.

we didn’t fill up NRG playing the #20 team…we don’t deserve anything

3 Likes

Exactly.

He missed quit a few throws tonight. He’s not Kyler Murray. NFL won’t give him a look. Don’t mean to be rude but that’s what I think.

3 Likes

I was late to the game but on the way there I was listening to the national Westwood One radio broadcast. I’m not sure who the color announcer was, but he said King won’t get a sniff in the NFL because he misses too many throws.

Every publication had him being one of the top QBs this year. Then Holgorsen comes in and decides to make him a different QB. Mind boggling what has happened to King this season. Under a supposed “offensive guru”.

1 Like

King wasn’t gonna go to NFL with CMA either.

1 Like

Holgorsen isn’t going to ### can an offense that works because his QB can’t pass effectively. He’ll fix King before he starts coaching a zone read.

2 Likes

Redshirt King!!! Work on his short throws and get him drafted after next season’s easier schedule

Holgorsen did not cause him to miss open receivers. King had some throws that he made last year with regularity go sailing or underthrown. I know CDH did not coach him to do that.

3 Likes

Yup. Holgorsen should shoulder no blame. It’s all on D’Eriq. Funny how much better he looked with a Briles coaching him.

1 Like

I doubt D’Eric is throwing any pity parties… this victim mentality is a bit dramatic. He needs to work on his passing accuracy.

3 Likes

D’Eric deserves better? Nobody “deserves” anything. I love the kid but he is missing too many easy throws. I was hoping his inaccuracy was rust but it’s becoming clearer to me that it’s not. He has missed wide open receivers in every game and some of them the ball is not even close. This is on him. Blaming these bad passes on different coordinators, schemes, and CDH is ridiculous. He missed throws tonight that an eighth grade backup B team QB could have made.

4 Likes

Some of his passes were behind the receivers. He is not the same.

His accuracy issues could be attributed to it being early in the season but from my very untrained eye, his arm strength is not what it was.

2 Likes

Our receivers haven’t helped him yet this season, they couldn’t get separation against PV. King’s probably not the QB to run DH’s system but he’s the best he’s got. It was good to see he didn’t leave him in the pocket last night.

2 Likes

Always have to have the dumb we don’t deserve anything because we didn’t fill NRG on a Friday night game.
It was a solid crowd and like it or not we are building and WSU is not that marketable here. It was a decent crowd.

As for King to say he has been an average passer so far would be an overstatement, but what an elite runner.

4 Likes

I know the result is the same, but is it an accuracy issue, or a timing issue, or a route issue?

King and Oliver. Two of the most talented players to come through this program and that talent has been wasted a bit.

1 Like