D'Eriq King is the biggest potential QB domino of the offseason

That’s what I thought too, but it was reported that he was graduating in December, like a week or two ago. It’s in a thread somewhere.

Thanks 230. Oh well I would predict he is gone.

I know his family is as proud of that degree as they are of his football accomplishments. Way to go D’Eric!

7 Likes

Pretty sure so he could catch passes.

So, he graduated right at 2 weeks ago. Wouldn’t D’Eriq have entered the Portal by now if leaving?

If he was for sure leaving he would be in the portal. It’s possible he’s still evaluating his options, though.

Every day that goes by the less likely it is that he leaves. The spring semester starts pretty much everywhere in a little over 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Yeah. He might still transfer, but what we have seen so far is what not transferring looks like.

2 Likes

He may have weighed options months ago, then told us publicly that he was staying then have to hear everyone else doubting him.

1 Like

For a QB, being with the team in the spring is crucial. Any transfer QB who expects to be a guaranteed starter would be an idiot if they aren’t with that program for the spring. So that time window is shrinking to enroll.

Is it possible for a player to go through spring workouts if they aren’t enrolled in classes? I am sure one could do it not being on scholarship (would have to pay for own housing, food, etc) but not sure if they have to be in any spring classes.

That’s where I’m at too. I think he’s staying and I wasn’t always in that camp.

1 Like

I’m not an expert on the rules but I imagine that you do need to be a student (i.e., enrolled in classes) to be on the team and practicing.

1 Like

That is what I assume, but wondering if there may be some loophole that if a player has been accepted to the university and enrolled in summer/fall classes they would be able to participate in spring practice.

We should build our offense around DK. Run when it is open for significant gain otherwise let Car and company be the infantry. Improve on our long game and practice those slants across the middle. All require an improvement in the O-line.
Letting DK know we are building our offense around him in 2020 would be a big selling point (if we need one)

2 Likes

Jim, I respectfully disagree, we need to run the CDH offense. Our WR’s and OL’s need to have consistency for more than just a year. We ran the CDH offense this year, we can’t junk it next year and then the year after return. I would assume, the plays called would be the ones the starting QB runs best, whomever it is, and best fit the game situation. DK may be our starting QB next fall, and maybe he won’t; but we need to have some stability for the rest of the offensive players.

3 Likes

He gone!! :rofl:

2 Likes

I agree Mike and wasn’t suggesting we junk the CDH offense just that we use DK’s talents to the fullest.

1 Like

no he’s not…but maybe YOU should be…moderators should ban the next person who does it…Why??
BECAUSE youre too dumb to be allowed to post, thats why!!! ITS ANNOYING!!!

3 Likes

Its cool aldine but I think Jess was being sarcastic ie joking…

1 Like

Very sarcastic. Wow. Me and the poster are cool I was just messing with him. I am one who definitely hope he stays. Had no idea someone would take it that personal…my apologies!!

1 Like

Just what I was saying! No bad blood. Go Coogs!

1 Like