D'Eriq King

Jesse Palmer just said he thinks King is the athlete who will have the biggest impact out of ANY transfer in the country. I still hate that we lost him…

4 Likes

We didn’t lose him, he left

14 Likes

Semantics…

5 Likes

If they lose to UAB, Jesse Palmer could be correct.

6 Likes

He scored 6 or 7 TDs in the most recent scrimmage. They play UAB on Thursday. Thanks to Covid 19, he has a 6th year of eligibility next year if he wants it.

1 Like

Go Blazers!

7 Likes

That is not semantics, he left the program on his own terms and let too many people down. People like, the UH fans, coaches, the city of Houston, the university administrators, but more importantly, his teammates. He had the opportunity to turn the program around because that was the plan, but instead he walked away. No loyalty, it was all about him. He could have accomplish his dream to play at the next level here like many other cougar players, but he saw greener grasses in Miami, so he left. I personally don’t care about him and I think that he does not care about what we think and that it is why he left. I really believe that you are free to think and write about whatever you want, but my hope that we all stop caring about people like him and I hope that we concentrate all of our efforts with players that still here and are fighting for our program. Go Cougars

24 Likes

Amen and my sentiments exactly for our former RT who chose to not pursue something great with his teammates this season.

4 Likes

If he does well at Miami…maybe he can get into Alabama!

1 Like

SMH , Kid blew out his knee playing for Houston yet somehow he is selfish and let the city of Houston down. I am rooting for D King , hoping he puts up some big numbers in the ACC and gets drafted.

11 Likes

Yes, he blew out his knee playing for UH. … And then UH kept him on scholarship and rehabbed his knee for him. But, it was about him. And him is not for whom I will be rooting.

5 Likes

After what I saw last year at UH I might have left if I were in his shoes, too. There are about 8 billion different perspectives in the world… He’s just a young man trying to make money playing football. Hopefully, CDH makes him realize he made the wrong decision by winning 9+ games this season. Go Coogs!

I am an athletic trainer, a partial menisectomy is not blowing out your knee!

13 Likes

Agreed. It’s just some salty fans that are triggered he left.

I couldn’t agree more. I personally don’t care what he does at UM and beyond. I feel the same way about Daniel House with the Rockets. As far as I’m concerned, he never went to UH. I like loyalty. Finish what you start!

5 Likes

So, you don’t like the transfers we took in? Every man has to do what he thinks is best for his future and the future of his family. King graduated from UH and fullfilled what he was supposed to have come here for. I don’t fault him for his decision which was bending to his father’s wishes. I wish him no ill; but I am not following his career either. If he does well, then good for him; if not, then that’s how it goes sometimes.

3 Likes

Transfers are different. If you are a graduate transfer, then you fullpilled your committment and want to play one more year somewhere. You are not bailing on the team. If you go to a school and there is a coaching change, then you have a good excuse. you are not bailing on the team. If you go sopmewhere and are buried on the bench and don’t see playing time past your RS season, then you are not bailing on your team.

BUT, if you tell your coach and team that you will take your RS, practice, prepare, get better, and learn the system. The school pays for everything while you do that, the team is counting on yop to come back and lead, THEN you leave? You bailed on the team.

Period.

7 Likes

I haven’t seen our transfers play yet… I have seen King play and it’s obvious he is a talented FBS QB… That’s why I hated to see him leave… Or us lose him… However, you want to phrase it.

He quit on the team end of story.

6 Likes

Or CDH lost him… Again… Semantics.

Go Coogs!

1 Like