DI to distribute revenue based on academics
New model to allow schools with higher graduation rates, academic success to qualify for more funds
The Division I Board of Directors approved five recommendations, including the academic distribution.
- Revenue is shared equitably, rooted in the core values of the Association, to ensure the broadest segment of the membership will benefit.
- Consolidate the number of distribution funds to ensure efficiency across the membership.
- Establish an understanding that the 32 automatic qualification units in men’s basketball are distributed evenly.
- Distribute a portion of the revenue based on academics.
- Explain how the distribution aligns with NCAA core values.