Dimel vs Herman tonight in Austin

Looking forward to the “Who screwed UH over the most” bowl.

It’s gonna be a fun one imo.

7 Likes

Dimel had no choice. He was fired. Not worth watching

3 Likes

Dimel didn’t screw UH, he just wasn’t a good coach. In the other hand LTH screwed UH by not preparing for Navy and SMU while looking for his next job and then taking our best recruits with him. When he left OSU he said trying to lure recruits to come with him to UH would have been unethical, but he had no problem with being unethical when he left UH. I will be pulling for UTEP, even though they probably have no chance. But, how sweet win it would be for UTEP to take down the whorns.

3 Likes

Dimel personally said that UH should be blocked from joining the Big 12. Going 0-11 almost killed the program.

4 Likes

Not worth watching, Texas will kill them

Dimel brought in some talent though. The Lying Coach was talking to S Carolina in just his 6th month at UH

When did he say that??

He wasn’t wrong though. It was just about self preservation.

If he said that while he was an assistant coach at KSU he was stating company line. KSU, KU, ISU, OU, and OSU were all against UH joining the B12 because they said it would hurt their recruiting in Texas.

1 Like

I know who I will be rooting for…and it has nothing to do with Herman, Dimel, or UTEP.

Well, it’s a given that I would root against UT regardless.

3 Likes

Dimel told the media that Houston was not Big-12 worthy when the BIg 12 was talking expansion several years ago.
Dimel did bring in a few quality recruits to UH, but he’s a lousy head coach based on his coaching record.
At Houston he was 8-26.
Coaching at the State School of Mines and Metallurgy, I mean College of the Mines, I mean Texas Western, I mean Texas-El Paso, wait, change that to UTEP, his record is 3-22.
Over the course of coaching the Cougars and Miners, Dimel has had three full seasons of 1 win or less.
He did go 22-13 at Wyoming.

As I remember Dimel was not our first or second choice. I knew we were screwed when I meet him and he wasn’t sure how CUSA football compared to the Mountain

I never watch the horns…

2 Likes

Who said anything about watching them?

To answer Cougardue, on a Monday in Dec. 1999 Houston had planned a news conference to announce Bob Pruett of Marshall as its new head football coach to succeed Kim Helton, who was fired two weeks earlier.
Pruett changed his mind shortly before the planned announcement. UH offered to triple Pruett’s salary of $132,000.
Pruett may have told UH officials of his decision to remain with Marshall while he was in New York where he was attending the Heisman Trophy presentation with Thundering Herd quarterback Chad Pennington a finalist.
Pruett was quoted as saying, “I think it’s best for everybody that we leave it that Houston is a great school and a great opportunity.”
Marshall went 13-0 in 1999 after beating BYU 21-3 in the Motor City Bowl and Pruett was a hot commodity. UH got Dana Dimel as coach starting in 2000.

1 Like

We ended up paying Dimel nearly double that. We had to pay big time money (at the time) to land Dimel. Spending big doesn’t always pay off.

I also think his salary is a big part of the reason why he didn’t get a 4th year.

A tie?

The cameras inadvertently catching some guy getting a handy from his girlfriend on the mountainside?

I’m out of guesses.

2 Likes

Andre Ware calling the game tonight.