Do we get ranked tomorrow?

My guess is 24th

1 Like

We damn well better be ranked!!

This is the rating to watch.

Currently doesn’t include yesterday games. Not sure how often it updates. At least twice a week.

3 Likes

#14 in the Net Rankings

3 Likes

We better be ranked. If we get in at 24 tomorrow and we beat LSU and whoever we play Sunday ( there name is slipping my mind) we’ll be in the teens I think

Guess I needed to hit refresh. :smiley:

1 Like

Everytime we get ranked something bad happens. Can we just be happy being an underdog rather than top dog?

And St. Louis*

3 Likes

Naw man, Top Dog is what we want…I want #1!

1 Like

Rankings are for fans who gloat. I’d much rather be the unsuspected underdog.

3 Likes

Would you rather be ranked #1 in NET ratings (that will be the foundation for NCAA seeding) and 15th in the AP (that will be the foundation of press coverage) or being ranked #1 in the AP and 15th in the NET ratings?

Coogs can control their NET rating but they can’t control the media. If you think AP brings better attendance, it’s only because that is what the media puts in the headlines. If everyone started ignoring the AP and only talked about the NET, that is what the media will cover more.

2 Likes

All this and ESPN is still trying to stay relevant. They’re criteria now has us predicted as a 3 seed.

this one…

I agree that the NET ratings will be the most important rating in March but that doesn’t mean much to the casual fan that we’re trying to get to Fertitta at this point. Sure fans like us check it almost daily but the majority of the local media that can influence that casual fan has probably never even heard of it much less explain how it’s calculated.

2 Likes

The fans we’re trying to attract are the driving home radio sports show fans, the kind that has us mentioned as being ranked, undefeated, new arena, etc. So whatever gets us mentioned by those yacky-yack types is good.

1 Like

Andy Katz has us as a 5 seed in his latest bracket predictions.

2 Likes

I just like numbers next to our name. That NET score will start to fall even while we win against the schedule we have coming up right after Christmas and against some of the bottom teams in our conference. So I like any number next to the name ‘Houston’.

5 Likes

44 LSU
79 Saint Louis
37 Utah State
350 Choppin State
175 NJIT
114 Tulsa
124 Memphis
67 @Temple
138 Wichita State

The early part of our conference schedule isn’t the strongest but they aren’t quadrant three and we still have 3 more quadrant one games ahead OOC. I think the only thing that will be holding our SOS back is the lack of road games.

Cinci 28
UConn 53
Temple 67
UCF 70

And then it falls off in our conference…

Tulsa, Memphis, South Florida, Wichita State and sMU are in from 100-200. 200-300 are ECU 237 andTulane 268. Not the worst but not that great when the ‘named’ teams like Memphis, SMU and Wichita State are down.

1 Like

I’d probably take #1 in the AP honestly. We still don’t really know how NET is going to be used. The committee almost certainly isn’t going to seed teams in the exact order of NET rating, especially based on some of the wonky early results. If we’re #1 in the AP and win the AAC tourney going into the Selection Sunday that means we’re almost certainly a #1 seed based on historical precedent (i.e. the things that lead to a team being ranked #1 in the AP are almost sure to mean that team will get a #1 seed).

NET replaces RPI. The way RPI was used it didn’t seem to matter that much what the actual RPI of a team was in terms of evaluating the seeding of that team. What was more important was record against certain RPI thresholds.