DO WE HAVE BETTER TALENT NOW THEN

Lol, wasn’t that from the 2007 game? Maybe I have it mixed up. I also remember Mack awkwardly being in the booth for one of the games there because he used to be an assistant AD there. That was back before everything was on TV and you were basically watching guys do a radio broadcast on a terrible stream.

Edward’s was good but young.
Johnson didn’t come on until his SR season but still remains about the most surprising player I think has come through our program.
Cleveland was very good his JR season and was not the same his SR.
The group I think can be as good at the top 3 and does have better depth.

UTEP always seemed to play up against us, though. I have no idea why, but we seemed to be one of their best games every year.

2 Likes

The first two letters will tell you why.

2 Likes

One thing I would bet on, if Corbin drops passes like he did last year, he will not be playing this year.

3 Likes

Hopefully he can put it all together; he can be very dangerous if he does.

2 Likes

Post game interview with Hogan (kicker) after beating Tulsa was one of the best post game interviews of all time

2 Likes

I think his mantra was, I’ll burn every redshirt to ensure my next gig at UT.

4 Likes

Yep with Herman it was all hands on deck to get out of Houston.

Such a selfish way to handle business and not one care about how it effected the student-athletes.

3 Likes

Good analysis and our competition this year is much better than in 2009. Not to mention a stronger conference. It’s good to even be compared to one of UH’s previous teams that have been one of the better ones even when Applewhite was taking us a different direction. Those were all Briles/Sumlin players and although Levine took us steps back, he vamped up the defense more which had been a missing link for years at UH upon his arrival and Herman capitalized off of Levine’s recruits. I like what I see so far with CDH and I believe he is in for the long haul…

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s changed much since Cullen.

Remember this?

https://twitter.com/tamuhighlights/status/919692714119016448?lang=en

Yeah Herman is who Herman is. A win at all costs, everything else be damned sort of person. It works when he’s your a-hole and winning. It’s pretty tiresome if he’s not your coach, or he’s not winning.

2 Likes

LOL…but unfortunately for him, he didn’t win.

Maybe not that one, but he wins a lot more than he loses so far. Unfortunately there days.