Do we set an attendance record for TDECU on Friday?

We are paying at a minor league salary level for a beginning coach whose defensive schemes are
woeful and who makes bad calls on offense. Who would go for punishment like that? Me and
very few others.

Tickets have been hard to give away since we lost to TTee

Not showing up to send a message shouldn’t be the answer. And I’m sure it isn’t the answer for most in here. A lot has gone wrong this season for sure. Both on and off the field. Banishing RV parking to the far outreaches has made what was a bustling, jam packed, pre-game party area into wide open empty spaces - a ghost town! I saw all 11 games of a winless season in person. I’m not about to stop now. It truly is disheartening to see all the momentum, both on and off the field, fading away. See y’all Friday morning. As ALWAYS, Go Coogs!

1 Like

People thought that the Peach Bowl was a sign of things to come. Then UH got denied the Big 12, then some disappointing loses, then Herman went to Texas, then the fanbase was served Major, then the RV lot was moved, then they started playing games. That is alot for a fanbase to deal with and not get frustrated or leave the program all together.

As much as some here don’t want to hear it, once you start charging for something people want something in return. An exciting game, a good time at the stadium, entertainment, a good tailgate, a giveaway, something. Believing that school spirit is going to fill the stands for UH is a losing proposition. Taking for granted that your base is going to show up regardless doesn’t work either. What you are asking is for fans to buy tickets and show up out of obligation, not because of anything else. That doesn’t work these days, not sure if it ever did. Look at any college program having a disappointing season and you will see tons of empty seats on Saturdays. Hell, you could say the same for some high school programs.

You needed to hire someone that was going to be good with the media, keep the fanbase excited, play a winning brand of exciting football. Major does none of that and on top of that he hired a terrible staff. Expectations had been set on and off the field and Major was not the guy to continue any of that. This was obvious to everyone, even the most positive fan.

Bottom line is I am not about to be upset that fans don’t feel as though UH Athletics is earning their money or time right now. They are going to speak with the only way they can and that is not showing up. You have the hardcore crowd that will show up regardless, but the hardcore alone does not fill a stadium, especially in this conference. Heck, there are rumblings from the hardcore that they need to take a step back from the program as well. Sad days.

2 Likes

I have a feeling we won’t see any changes at head coach, OC or DC. There will be some staff changes at the position coach level as some will get hired away when the new rule allowing 10 on-field coaches goes into effect this winter (looking at you Kenny Guiton) plus we’ll gain at least one on-field coach if nothing else.

The Department as a whole needs to take the blame for a lot of problems this year. The Gameday experience is severely lacking and questions needs to be asked because there are mistakes going on that have been going on for awhile and are now being compounded by asinine decision-making. I understand the limitations on our athletic department, but I think some use that as a crutch. There are many things that could be done better.

3 Likes

If this woman has kids, I feel sorry for them. Is she even an alumna? She ought to be denied tickets in the future but I know we won’t do that. Maybe you could persuade her to move to Waco or Austin.

The only thing good about this game is that the season is almost over and this year has played out as I imagined it would when we let the Billionaire pick the Apple.

Keep CMA
attendance will continue downward as will season ticket sales.

No enthusiasm !

One other good thing about Friday’s game.

1 Like

So we take the $2 million received from TU for Hermroid and buy out CMA? CMA should receive a one year pass, but he needs to be on a short leash next year.

Curious about how many of the people preaching that it is our obligation to show up Friday, have been to more than 5 basketball games over the last 5 years.

3 Likes

I’ll be there on Friday, hoping for the best. I’ve done a ton to support the team this year, and I’m not going to stop now. Hopefully Major gets it together next season.

2 Likes

So did we run out funds after hiring CMA?
Is that why CMA hired so many Coaches with no experience at this level or very little?
A lot of you have mentioned bad game day experience?
Three questions? HY is the common denominator.
We hired a new Coach why take the chance on inexperienced Coaches or some that have already failed as OC (Johnson)
Why make it even harder on ourselves? The chance for this season to happen the way it did with our current staff was not hard to predict. HY signed off on this. Major improvements (no pun intended) have to be made. It starts with Hunter. Why have an A.D. then if he is not doing the job?
Now after saying all of this everyone ought to show up.

Others on different threads have pointed out the huge buyout Fertitta insists on was a deal breaker for a lot of coaches preferred over the ones we have.