Do you see any hope for next year?

10-2 or better next year.
Book it.

7 Likes

The season literally just ended. A lot can happen between now and next September. Who knows what we will be next season.

1 Like

It is possible we pick up several more transfers with immediate eligibility.

I have more faith in the future of the defense than the future of the offense. Tune makes too many bone headed mistakes that really killed our chances tonight.

1 Like

Hopefully the offense will be singing a different tune next season.

Rebellions are built on hope

3 Likes

I remember when Case Keenum threw 6 picks against Air Force in the Armed Forces Bowl. Kevin Kolb threw 5 picks against UTEP. I am confident Tune will be a really good QB for us. When you are constantly under heavy pressure and are forced to hurry throws, you get nights like tonight; it happens.

Next year we should have a better, more mature and experienced OL that can give him better protection.

10 Likes

Exactly a young qb who’s had to learn 2 different offensive schemes
I def see the talent there.

1 Like

Is this thread a good idea to start right after a loss?

2 Likes

Nope, road schedule is too tough, no way 10-2, lol

Just wondering . . . . . Did you get your degree in just ONE YEAR at university ? ? ? ? ?

Beat Tulane

Lol
Cauthen doesn’t even have his own recruits yet.

2 Likes

We need receivers that can get separation.

I say we win between 8 and 11 games next year. Will be on higher end if King comes back.

1 Like

I have relatives who are Arkansas St. fans and they were sad to see him leave, so we’ll see.

1 Like

We will be much better in both sides of the ball. There has been much growth. I know we all want to win every game but when we don’t it is no reason to tear everything apart and not look at how we are improving. OL is the key, hopefully we don’t have to start 13 different combinations of OL players. Our D played better and better each game . With the exception of those big runs up the middle, they played pretty salty tonight. Moore is blossoming, as are many other young players. The maturity of these players after another year of practice, s/c will help immensely as well as the depth we are adding through transfers and the portal . I’m not willing to say we will go 10-2 but I don’t think 9-3 or 8-4 is unrealistic.

1 Like

No hope. We’re gonna have to do a sacrifice and exorcism.

1 Like

Until proven otherwise, I expect us to be undefeated, the first G5 in the playoffs, and national champs in 2020. This will cause a bidding war between The Big, The Pac, and the SEC for us to join while TU and the b12 whine that we should join them in the “local conference”. In the end we join The Big with Notre Dame. Merry Christmas y’all.

1 Like

The team didn’t quit. We have a ton of returning players. The word on the street is that the guys that didn’t play this year are very good. If King and Corbin come back I would think we could be very good.

2 Likes