There isn’t a single reason for our lack of competitiveness this year?
– QB: The #1 nationally recruited QB didn’t get it done; neither has a reliable replacement QB. Is it on the QB? Isn’t it time to consider DK?
– OLine: Thank the good Lord we had GW last year. How many plays did he make with his legs? How could we have no ground game today playing against a 3-man D for most of the day? (Maybe I over-exaggerate) Are we recruiting to fill this need?
– Defense: Recognizing that Tulsa (1-4) is a 99% running offense, how can we not defend that? (I sure hope Oliver’s injury isn’t serious. If so, they should just sit him until he’s completely healed.)
– Talent: I’ll never criticize our student athletes, but is it possible our cupboard is more “bare” than what we thought?
– Coaching: Are our schemes designed to accommodate the players we have, or are they just sorely lacking?
Lastly: How do we, or can we, recover from this loss? For the rest of the season? A disappointing, bitter loss.