Duarte on Coaching Candidates

Tulane sucked this year. Did he even win a AAC game?
His offense is a run hybrid in GT HC style we would be years from having the players to make work.

Iā€™m going to ditto that. UH has always been a program where pinball offense was needed to bring out the fans. I love what Orlando has done but our fans, going back to the Veer, demand to see points on the board. Winning 10-7 will never get it done here.

Why would a P5 HC drop down to a G5 HC

Have they actually indicated interest in UH or is Duarte just whistling in the wind

No to Babers and Fritzy

Iā€™d imagine these are names that UH is interested in, not necessarily names that are interested in UH.

As for why coaches would be interested in dropping to a G5 conference: weā€™ve got everything needed to win big. Herman definitely left the program better than he found it. And, as Chance Allen said today, money talks.

1 Like

Some could be trying to better their contracts, others may be looking to get out of bad situations, others may be trying to save their career.

OR if one is eating at a fancy schmancy restaurant

Then why would you switch to a lowly French one

Jacque en da Boxe

:wink:

Seriously lā€™ll believe it when I see Leach or Holgerson or Mullen contact us for real otherwise itā€™s just one of my Audrey Tautau obsessions :blush:

I have no interest in Holgorsen. Heā€™s done nothing at wv.

Heā€™s an alcoholic

1 Like

Lol

Dana Holgerson? Why would he leave WV? Theyā€™re a top 20 team in a P5.

UH rumors can get them things at their current jobs

1 Like

Someone mentioned the Sam Houston guy was pretty good and has been for awhile now taking his squad to the FCS semis and such. I like Dino Babers but weā€™ll need to pitch in to keep coach Orlando.

Interesting that Sam Khan got the scoop on th leaving. Duarte our beat reporter, uta alum was apparently in the darkā€¦Interpret it the way you want it.

What does Uta stand for? UT arlington?

ut at Austin

JD has said that he has no real ties to the school (other than being an alum) after the school newspaper didnā€™t put him on staff. Worked for the Statesman, but has been in Houston for a long time. Wife is a Coog.

UT controls the narrative and Herman really isnā€™t allowed to talk to anyone that isnā€™t associated with the program. So statements will be made to the Statesman, Chip Brown, Austin TV/Radio stations and others that are deemed favorable to the Longhorns.

Go for Montgomery. He would bring an exciting offense.

I do not like the Coaches available. I do not see a clear candidate like thā€¦seemed to be. Again his uta ties should have told us to not go there.
Call me crazy, nuts, drunk (did not) under the influence (I do not partake in this lifestyle) but
We get a one year contract with major incentives to:
Orlando HC/DC
Mr. Jenkins as OC with clear directives.
Phillips, D.Klingler as part of his staff. These two can recruit a ton and they wonā€™t leave us. Andre Ware will be a consultant/recruiter too.

This is our version of ā€¦

Supposedly there is some mutual interest with Holstein. Maybe he doesnā€™t fit in well with the hillbilly culture & prefers a place with restaurants, bars, clubs & such.

It is hard to find Red Bull in West Virginia.