E. King, T. Thomas, Helicopter Dad's

It was epic

1 Like

That was by far the GOAT …too bad that “DaddyBall for Idiots” manifesto wasn’t still posted somewhere

1 Like

You guys seriously think DK4 has a shot as an NFL QB ? I don’t really care about the NFL but sure love CFB…I just don’t see it happening…The Ultimate Warrior, Greg Ward, didn’t get a whiff as a QB in NFL and he was a great CFB QB

2 Likes

Just for some insight, Thomas this year probably makes about $300k tax free with all expenses paid plus bonuses. That might even be a low estimate since he is a returning player. Tashawn’s dad can feel free to log on and correct me! lol. That said, his year at OU didn’t raise his stock any.

1 Like

There’s a little taste of it in the Deadspin link J_Coog posted, but yeah, I wish the whole thing was achived somewhere in all of its color-changing, caps-locked glory. It should have even been published with the title “Manifesto of a Little League Dad Who Just Can’t Let Go.”

I’ve played the hand I was dealt: Unathletic, slow, not very strong, average intelligence…and I’m only trailing Ward and Roberts on the career NFL TD list by 1 TD!

I’m so proud of myself, think I’ll take the rest of the day off!!!

1 Like

It was bizarre. You truly had to see it to believe it. It was rambling, font, color and size constantly changing with no real pattern apparent. It looked like something a goth 8th grader would post. Imagine if the Unabomber was a baseball parent and posted his manifesto online in the 1990s.

2 Likes

Do it! You have earned it!!

How is it tax free?

Should have said net. Teams pay the taxes

Interesting, I didn’t know that. I guess it depends on the US tax overlay but he may not have one if he’s in Israel. Pretty comparable rates to US.

The US will still try to get taxes out of him and he will pay some. I believe like the first $100k is removed from foreign income you have paid taxes on, then there are more foreign tax credits, then he can write off a ton of stuff. Can probably hide part of the income too. He may pay US taxes like somebody who makes $50k.

It was an all-time, epic, rant

No. He can’t make the reads.

4 Likes

If anyone is interested, I found it via the wayback machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20090615065645/http://www.houstoncougarbaseball.com/

The original post is from June 2009. The May 2010 capture features a “revised shortened copy of the original letter”. I did not attempt to find the differences.

1 Like

That’s it…

+1. Or throw the deep ball.

The consensus around here in '18 was that he was quite good throwing the deep ball.

I think most athlete/parents have a lot of pent up frustration at people demanding immediate gratification from their kids…sometimes they lash out.

Imagine someone from Shell Oil or Reliant going on the internet every night ranting about your son…how he can’t manage his paper flow or can’t make use of his time. (And he’s an intern)

The knock on all the Briles QB’s when they get to the NFL is they can throw the deep pass and the bubble screens but struggle at throwing in tight windows and the timing throws you need to have at the next level.