Ed analysis from Jets POV

6 Likes

Sweet, my favorite NFL team J-E-T-S…thanks Joe Willie :slight_smile:

Fireman Ed wants UH Ed.

1 Like

I saw an ESPN mock draft that had Ed being picked 4th over all.

2 Likes

Is this our Ed Oliver draft night thread? Surprised at the lack of posts on EO but then again can’t blame anyone for blocking out the second half of 2018 UH football in general.

Here’s what some of today’s prominent online mock drafts have Ed drafted at, and reading the tea leaves he’s almost back to the NFL hype we saw back in August. The Raiders are the most common slot at pick 4 for Oliver:

CBS - 6th to NY Giants
NFL.com 1 (Brooks) - 4th to Oakland
NFL.com 2 (Charles Casserly) - 13th to Miami
NFL.com 3 (Lance Zierlein) - 4th to Oakland
NFL.com 4 (Pete Schrager) - 4th to Oakland
NFL.com 5 (Charles Davis) - 8th to Detroit
WalterFootball.com - 3rd to NY Jets
NBC - 9th to Buffalo
BleacherReport - 3rd to NY Jets
ESPN mock draft - 4th to Oakland
Kiper ESPN - 6th to NY Giants
WashingtonPost (John Clayton) - 4th to Oakland
USAToday - 9th to Buffalo
SportsIllustrated - 8th to Atlanta (trade from Detroit)
DenverPost - 5th to Tampa Bay

Also, should be interesting to follow the QB picks, particularly if Washington uses pick #15 on one.

1 Like

I’ll check in! I made a seperate thread, but will delete in a min. Excited to see Ed walk up to the stage and see U OF H on the big screen!

2 Likes

Ed to the Jets makes sense to me. Greg Williams has the scheme to make the most of his talents, but will the Jets trade down?

Good luck Ed. Hope you represent us well.

Well, he got paid…but Buffalo is a tough place to make a living. At least it’s not Cleveland.

Cleveland is projected to win their division. The last 5 years they spent divesting talent in trades for multiple draft choices (a la New England Patriots). The got linemen with talent on both sides. THEN they took Mayfield. THEN fired their crap coach and brought in a decent OC in season last year.

If they keep managing their team like this they could be tough for years.

I’ll believe it when I see it.