Empire cleaned house minus HC

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1201262151320489984?s=20

Scapegoating

9 Likes

Beck will be next

Bound to happen. Curious why he failed there when they’ve got all these “5 Star” people. M’eh.

7 Likes

So you wanna coach college football? The way I remember it, Texas’ defense was pretty danged strong last year (correct me if I’m wrong). So he has one bad year, and he’s out on his can. Tough racket.

8 Likes

I’d take CTO here over Cauthen in a second and at this moment I don’t have a problem with Cauthen. Either is light years better than CMD.

8 Likes

I liked Orlando. Hope he lands on his feet.

9 Likes

all that prime beef but no chicken salad.

14 Likes

They have a culture problem not scheme problem.

13 Likes

Ran a 3 man rush all year with few sacks. Scheme was huge part of problem and unwillingness to adjust.

1 Like

I hope he goes somewhere where we can light him up.

3 Likes

It was average more of bend and don’t break. Almost blew a 21 point 4th quarter lead to OU. Lot of recruits decommit ting cause of his scheme.

Or maybe because the HC headbutted his players to get them AMPED…

Or maybe because the program seems lost now with no answers to what happened to the LH mystique…

Or maybe because even 18 YOs and their parents know that once a HC is forced to make changes, the HC is not far behind.

5 Likes

Only 1 decommit so far that the scheme would have hurt. They have 4 recommits, a we, 2 cab and a sde.

I love seeing them scramble in Austin but they are not bleeding recruits due to schemes.

I’ll rephrase. They had 1 decommit who is looking at Baylor now defensive lineman who grew up hour from Austin said scheme why he opened up recruitment. Then another 2 defensive lineman commits who are looking around. Then a Texas legacy from bastrop who is on verge of picking Baylor over Texas in Alfred Collins. Statistically worse defense in school history this year.

Yet they still have a top ten recruiting class.
And they blitz a lot, seemed lot coverage skills were the problem.

1 Like

They rarely got to the quarterback. His
Scheme was the issue.

Wow, you keep walking back your statements. His scheme worked here, ask Lamar Jackson

3 Likes

Texas was 5th in sacks 2 years ago. Either offenses finally figured him out or he didn’t have the personnel this year.

2 Likes

Scheme wasnt an issue at Houston…We were DOMINANT on D…ASK Okie, Louisville, and FSU…Utah state was also dominant on D when Herman hired him away for UH…
You have a bunch of whiny, entitled 4 qnd 5 star brats on that sise of the ball…Your culture and who YOU are, as a school, is to blame, not Orlando…
Nothing but a scapegoat…
GUESS WHAT?? It wont help…

13 Likes

Beck out too?

1 Like