Eric Wagaman - JUCO commit

Didn’t see a topic for him and only noticed that he was committed due to him showing up on a summer league roster with “Houston” next to his name. Kid has a ton of power.

May not make it in as he was drafted in the 13th round by the Yankees:

This past season for the Orange Coast College Pirates, Eric hit at a .332/.404/.636 slash line, leading the team in slugging percentage. He jacked a team-high 14 home runs, drove in a team-leading 49 RBI’s and struck out just three more times (25) than he walked (22).

Baseball America ranked Wagaman as the 24th best first baseman in the nation that is draft eligible.

1 Like

Wagaman lists that he’s a member of the New York Yankees Organization on his twitter profile so I’m guessing he’s not coming. Ah well.

I pretty much found out about his commitment and departure at the same time. Far be it from me to tell a kid with a ton of talent to delay his lifelong dream. Gawd though, I’m pretty sure he would have absolutely mashed at the Division 1 level and made himself into a top 4-5 rounds pick. Still pretty bullish on the 2017-18 class we got coming in though.

Same here.

Agree on the incoming class and we still have a lot returning. Excited about this team.

2 Likes