ESPN AAC FPI Ranks for 2019

Take it for what it’s worth (which ain’t much…FPI is an awful stat. Glad they picked up Bill Connelly and will use S&P+).

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/status/1148320126925565952

2 Likes

For this, we must (excuse my language) Kill Oklahoma and Washington State, beat up on all conference mates to get the stink of rank 80 off…tall order, but doable…Giant hunting time again!!![

5 Likes

I would not be surprised if it is Memphis vs Cincinnati for the conference title. I don’t think these are too far off.

1 Like

80th???

Unless I don’t understand their ranking system, I feel I must protest this.

1 Like

Unbiased view says this is pretty accurate.

2 Likes

Maybe FPI is flawed, but its UH projection is virtually identical to the S&P+ projection. S&P+ projects UH to win 6.4 games.

And from Connelly’s UH article:

Projected 2019 record and S&P+ ranking : 6-6 (73rd)

So both projections, rounded, have UH going 6-6, and the difference between 73rd and 80th is negligible.

2 Likes

Agreed…don’t have a problem with the UH prediction, just not a fan of FPI in general.

1 Like

Tough schedule and needing a complete defensive overhaul = prove it season

FPI is utterly atrocious.

1 Like

This is my kind of year, where we go out and make fools of the media and talking heads…
I will be taking points and cashing tix …
Go Coogs !!!

2 Likes

I am with you montcoog… on paper we may not look good… but i think we are going to be good, our injured players back… with the additions of transfers on defense… I think we will surprise people. I am hoping for 2015 repeat

2 Likes

I could not agree more mont, I do not like when we are projected
high and run over everybody. In 2016 we were quietly good, but
caught big teams off guard.

1 Like

You may get what you hope…I am expecting that hope to come true, just like 2015, I wasn’t surprised at all.

Our defense won’t be as bad even without Ed. Look at this the right way at least we will actually have a defensive coordinator who knows how to coach a college defense not a touch football one.

1 Like

How much did our D actually have Ed last year? He missed 5 games and the bowl game completely, and when he was in the game, he was put in a position that pretty much limited his effectiveness by our clueless DC.

1 Like

Well when our d is bad and 3 players get drafted on that side of the ball…not to mention losing davis

1 Like

I don’t see how anyone can look at the aftermath and debris of Applewhite and assume we should be ranked higher than this. I’m worried about this season.