ESPN FPI W-L Projections for the AAC

Remember, FPI is completely based upon algorithms. From that, I see three tiers… Cincy, Tulane, and Memphis; then Houston, Tulsa, UCF, and SMU; finally, ECU, USF, Navy, and Temple.

Houston with a projected 8-4 W-L projection by the computers.

2 Likes

Tulane and Memphis in the top tier. Man, what a time to be alive.

3 Likes

According to Renu (and Applewhite), we fire coaches at that “projection,” so we’d better exceed it.

That said, being the Polly Prez, I’m forecasting 13-0. GO COOGS!!!

5 Likes

The guys from Underdog Pawdcast discuss the projections by FPI - what’s wrong with them, what’s right, and how it affects their perception of a team.

I’d take the under on Memphis and the over on ECU.

1 Like

Memphis has been a top tier team in the American since 2014.

Which, given their broader football history, is a pretty short period of time.

Who is behind these clickbaits?

Surely

1 Like

Sure but that short run also encompasses all but one year in the history of this league.

The problem is Memphis is great in our league but meh nationally. They need a UCF year.

Some of our fans have an unrealistic view of our status in the AAC.

1 Like

Some of our fans are okay with being mediocre in the AAC… I’m not one of them.

Dana needs to have his team competing for the AAC title every year… Starting this year.

5 Likes

No one is a fan of a team just to see them be mediocre. We all want the Coogs to be contenders. Though I am not quite as critical of Holgorson as some, I do want to see some significant improvement this year.

4 Likes

Everyone wants to see improvement.

I just hate the holier than thou attitude some of our fans have about our conference mates when we aren’t coming close to dominating this conference.

4 Likes

Point taken.

It certainly would’ve helped if they had won their Peach bowl but they did come in clutch in 2015 against #3 Ole Miss so at least they’ve done something to help move the needle. The Memphis, Cincy, and UH are the backbone of this league in my opinion. We need to get back on our horse in order for the league to hit its full stride.

1 Like

You have to add UCF to that list, they have done well in AAC play.

5 Likes

Good point. All four of those programs have made a NY6 bowl and the NCAAT as a member of this league. Thats why the AAC is perceived as the clear cut best league outside the P5. Solid foundation with those programs.