ESPN reports that ACC will play 11 game schedule and include Notre Dame

They probably can’t afford the memberships and greens fees without the football revenue.

1 Like

I don’t get the no golf in the fall decision by the ACC. Its by far the safest sport of them all as demonstrated this summer at all levels of golf. They plan to go forward with football, but not golf. On the risk meter the two sports are on the different ends of the meter.

1 Like

NCAA is looking at MLB and seeing what happens with them, if MLB shuts down it is a pretty strong indicator given the resources that MLB has at there disposal.

Agree, both pro sports in August are key. MLB needs to stay up. No proof, but I am guessing the teams that have been impacted have not been very good at applying sound, safe practices. Just my guess for we haven’t had across the board baseball infections.

Basketball is inside a local bubble. Maybe MLB will need to shift to that in AZ or Florida since that was one of the previous options.

We’ll see where MLB and NBA are at in anothe rmonth for it will dictat heavily on NCAA football and even the NFL.

We have two models right at the MLB and NBA level between a bubble and a traveling non-bubble that probably needs tighter controls. Shutting down either one would be a huge black eye on either.

It has to be a financial decision more than a safety one. They mention that the Championship is in the Spring season so I assume they canceled the Fall season to save money (travel?). With reduced games and reduced fans for football, financial reasons are driving this.

I fully anticipate there is a financial impact. But when you are talking about golf, its nickels and dimes relatively speaking. The scholarships are sunk costs, they are paying for those regardless. It sounded like they weren’t going to let the fall cancelled sports to practice either.

It just didn’t sound like it was a pure safety decision, more economic. They all have to play football or it will be a kick in the nuts financially.

1 Like

Agree. The ACC said they could practice and do outside competitions.