Expansion...a matter of when

Interesting tweet from Flugar who regularly tweets info from his Big10 source. While all of these so-called insiders need to be taken with a grain of salt, BTM (as he is called) has been pretty accurate in the past, particularly with B10 info on tv contracts, etc. Regardless, always fun to read positive stuff from there outside our network.

https://twitter.com/flugempire/status/1120413571102511105?s=21

9 Likes

I’m not holding my breath.

2 Likes

Flug tweeted that? I mean it’s less a kiss off death than the WV guys. But our level of screwed just went way up.

Addition: We’re officially in the doldrums of the off season now. For everybody.

4 Likes

As they say on r/CFB…drink!

1 Like

The old Goofer strikes again. I wouldn’t put any money on this guy’s sources.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be terrific to see the BIG expand by adding 4 teams in 4 continuous southern states with UH, OU, Kansas & Arkansas? I’m pretty sure that Nebraska would be all in on sponsoring that kind of plan. And Arkansas might be able to become relevant again.

5 Likes

An unlikely scenario but that would be the biggest “shove it” of all time to Texas B12 schools by OU, Arky, B10, and us.

1 Like

Oklahoma and Arkansas? Not quite bastions of higher learning. Living up her in B1G land, the only non-AAU school the B1G has ever invited is Notre Dame. They said no. Even Nebraska was AAU when they were invited.

While most conferences are not academically inclined with their conference invites, the B1G is. The PAC is as well albeit to a lesser degree.

I fully expect we will be invited to the B1G before Oklahoma, but our invite got lost in the mail. :rofl: I have to admit though, the thought of getting an invite to the B1G over UT would just make me laugh to no end.

2 Likes

I still think the ACC is easily our best option. It fits us like a glove…good football conference, great basketball conference, plenty of members in large metros, and they would respect us for who we are…which would never happen with the former SWC B12 members.

Plus, it would be the ONLY P5 conference that could claim a presence in New York, Florida, and Texas!

7 Likes

I’ll believe it when it actually happens.

2 Likes

Kansas is a southern state??

1 Like

Greg Flugaur ‏ @ flugempire 7h7 hours ago

Dinner with BTM: May 25th Subjects: *Big Ten discussions on Divisions. *Status of Illinois Hockey (Donations) *New Big 12 deal with Disney (ESPN+) *PAC NewCo developments *University of Houston’s undeniable future elevation

3 Likes

Right on cue, not too soon nor too late, this guy knows how to occupy a vacuum. Season dog days are officially here.

4 Likes

Hey Tom, have you seen any pigs flying yet??!

1 Like

My new view on the whole FBS mess is to do away with conferences completly and let a computer algorythm pick who plays whom each year. Bring on the chaos!

3 Likes

Greg Flugaur @flugempire 8hrs
University of Houston will get beyond being beholden to 1 particular Conference and 1 or 2 particular power plays within the 1 particular Conference.

According to BTM there is great optimism in City of Houston for their University.

We will discuss why on May 25th.

1 Like

It will happen for the Coogs, sooner rather than later. I suspect that if the Tiny 12-2 had to vote again, Coogs would be invited along with UCF. I would prefer the ACC.

4 Likes

I doubt it they got more money, a playoff team, and kept out two competitors and months to feed. It was bad PR then but they’ve come out smelling like s rose.

His past record hardly inspires confidence. It’s a given that come 2025, there will be some kind of realignment in college athletics. There is a very good chance (but by no means absolute certainty) that 3-5 top G5 schools (most likely UH, UCF, Cincy, USF, and Memphis) will be elevated to P5. I think we’ll start hearing more on this after 2021.

In the meantime perhaps Pezman should pull a Del Conte, swallow his pride and do some major ass kissing of a few P5 AD. It may have been distasteful, but it worked out beautifully for TCU! I still can’t believe TCU is in the Big 12!

1 Like

Deloss Dodds hate for UH brought them in…

2 Likes