Fabian White - "The Mid-range Assassin"

Not exactly sure how To post a Twitter video but Joseph Duarte has a video of him Interviewing CKS and there talking about Fabian. Good interview. CKS said that Fabian didn’t have any game outside of about 6 feet and they worked with him on his jump shot and hook shot and said that over the summer they’ll try and get him to start shooting 3’s. If he can start hitting 3’s we will be extremely dangerous. If anyone finds the video of the interview post it please thanks
Go Coogs!!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1220189379555217408

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1220192400448086016

1 Like

He got a 3 the other night

Uhhh no. He actually did take a 3pt shot in WSU gm but missed. He’s 0-2 for season on 3pt shots.
He’s my fav Basketball Coog so I follow him pretty closely.

2 Likes

I was confused too: there were three points awarded on the scoreboard. I saw his foot was across the line, I was like, they’re gonna take that away. Then the announcer said the extra point was added because they hadn’t added in a free throw we had made earlier.

1 Like
2 Likes

Any techies out there who know why I can’t play any of the twitter videos linked here? YouTube is no problem but the twitter ones just won’t play. I’m using Chrome. Thanks in advance and maybe private message me so we don’t clog up the thread with unrelated chatter.

Stick to the mid-range jumper. He is hitting that shot and it is typically a gap area in the defense. The opponents are happy for him to take a 3 pointer. Focus on his mid-range jumper and getting some inside points and he’ll score plenty for the Coogs. Not so much from beyond the 3-point line.

1 Like

Are you using chrome on your phone or PC?

I watch CKS in these vids, go to his radio show and listen to the post game stuff and I just shake my head at how much he knows about coaching and developing players. He’s a genius.

“There’s a difference in recruiting and evaluating…The village idiot can tell you who the best players in the gym is.” :grin:

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1220420938933530624?s=20

2 Likes

With all our great guard play, it is White and Harris that will get us to the Final Four.
You have to have big men to match up with Duke and Gonzaga and even Baylor.

2 Likes

Both. Same result.

With him only being 6-7 he better start hitting 3’s :clap::clap::clap:

This post needs to be changed to:

THE MID RANGE ASSASSIN :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve started not watching the ball when we are on offense. Focusing my attention to everything but the ball handler.

It’s crazy what you see when you don’t just watch the ball.

My point! When The Assassin steps out, he brings a big with him opening up lanes for our guards and others to get offensive rebounds, and second chance put-backs. It’s amazing! Plus, that Mid Range is a high percentage shot for him when he’s loose and in the zone. We need him to keep defenses honest. Defenses have to respect him at 15-18 ft which is giving us more space like we had last year with Nate, Armoni and Ced in the corners last year.

Sampson is a genius.

3 Likes

@COUGAR2019

Please consider editing this post and including “the mid range assassin” in the title. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Only thing Fabian needs to do is stay aggressive and shoot the ball. There are times he gets passive when he is becoming the MRA of the team.

1 Like

the MRA!

he had a great night last night, hit some clutch jumpers when we needed them the most.

3 Likes

MR Assassin !

2 Likes