Facilities impact on recruiting

This is the longest off season ever. CMA will leave if the money is good enough. Money talks.

1 Like

I really hope you are right. I would love to have a coach longer than one class cycle.

Applewhite went to UT. Sumlin said Houston is a place to build something. Briles was a UH player. When you are interviewing for a job that doubles your pay, you donā€™t say ā€œI think of this job as a stepping stone.ā€ If you want to recruit, you want everyone to think you will be there forever. It comes with the job.

Gary Patterson is their Bill Yeoman. Lightning usually doesnā€™t strike twice in the same place.

3 Likes

If you want a P5 coach, then you must go to a P5 school to get one. Just because our form coaches have gone to P5 schools, does not make them P5 coaches.

Briles- maybe Italy
Scumlin - very much over paid where ever he goes
Herman - if you have to ask, then you are totality out of touch.

Like mentioned above, Patterson has been a P5 coach since before TCU joined the Big12. I think some people think I am insinuating Houston should have a P5 coach. Not true at all. Just saying what it takes to get P5 recruits.

ā€œI cherish the role of the underdog. Iā€™ve been an underdog my whole lifeā€. Major talking about why he is a perfect fit at UH. Have a little faith people. Not everyone worships at the altar of money. Some people are loyal and have legit love for their players and care more for the journey than the destination.

1 Like

This summer I toured the following campuses (With my HS student son.)
We got in the basketball arenas and football stadium of almost all.

North Carolina
North Carolina State
UNCC
Wake Forest
Duke
Virginia Tech
Colorado State
Colorado

We are CERTAINLY in the game with every one of these programs with regard to stadium size/appearance and facilities. All had indoor football practice facilities.

My conclusion: we would be a great fit in the ACC.

Another conclusion: the Student Rec centers (for non-athletes) are outrageous. Itā€™s a facilities war in the Student Rec business also.

How was Peterson a P5 coach before TCU joined the little 10?

CUSA, MWC then little 10.

He turned down a P5 offer in 2007.

You realize you can find quotes like that from Briles, Sumlin and Herman right? At some point, ā€œhaving faithā€ is just words pushed together with no meaning.

Iā€™ve been hearing this is the one that will stay since Briles was here. The only one they may have been right about was Levine but we will never know.

Lifers are very rare these days. If anyone was going to stay, it would have been Briles and he didnā€™t even wait for a good job. I really donā€™t see why Applewhite would be the one to stick around.

All these jokers are short-timers while our true destiny is still chasing that Super Bowl ring. Yes Timmy someday, perhaps in our darkest hour, he will return and sit on his rightful throne. He will be awesome. And he will stay. The Legend of the Gunslinger Part 2.

1 Like

Like Scott Frost? Frost was only a GA at Nebraska for one year.

Or Mark Farley at UNI?

ā€œLavaā€ā€¦Thanks for the laugh.

1 Like

if he does who cares? we have his replacement on the staff anyway who will most certainly stay here.

Applewhite might stay for awhile if heā€™s successful, but he is not one of us.

3 Likes

Yah, he also played quarterback there as well. Won a national title in '97.

Bill Yoeman is one of us and he went to A&M. Just because CMA went to Texas does not mean he canā€™t be one of us.

3 Likes

Yeoman went to West Point. First, maybe only, undergrad to be elected a captain of the team. Ok so, yeah, he was an aggie for a year. Then he repented and went to the academy.

2 Likes

At some point, perhaps, but not yet, IMO.