Facts on King

A veteran QB who oversaw the worst bowl defeat in the history of mankind as well as the majority of the worst season around here in years.

Nowhere to go but up!

2 Likes

I hope King succeeds and we crush his new team in a NY6 bowl next year!

1 Like

This seems like jilted lover stuff. Heā€™s a talented kid but did not execute the new offense. He left and moved on and so should we.

6 Likes

I would call Tune a veteran. 7 games started under Holgorsen. So, he will be ahead of everyone else with respect to the playbook and game reps. Let the contest begin and may the best QB win!

5 Likes

I was hoping King would stay because I thought he would get better. Maybe he will, but itā€™s all speculative. Would still prefer him to stay, but only if he was going to get better than he had been.

I think it was a combination of the offense, the injury, and the offensive line. I said this before on an old post, but it honestly looked like he was having trouble seeing over the offensive lineman. This has been one of the tallest lines that weā€™ve had in a while and he really looked like he was struggling at times to see the receivers even on short and intermediate routes.

To have that major of a chance in system is dramatic, this kid was a winner, period! Itā€™s to sad that we canā€™t just wish him the best of luck.

1 Like

It is too sad that he canā€™t have just been honest from the start.

2 Likes

King is a stud QB. But may not be right for this system. Frankly, he and CDH just might not mesh personally and it creates friction. That can get in a personā€™s head.

Applewhite, who I am not bashing, but he was very coddling of players and let them run the ship. Sometimes it can work out, most times not because these are kids with big egos.

CDH also has a big ego and is very strict. It is his way and only his way. It makes for a very tough afjustment for kids who were used to doing their own thing.

King will be a stud at OU or wherever the portal takes him. But we will rebound with some quality arms and be fine.

2 Likes

Objection, your honor! Counsel is testifying.

(Joking but really you are going to call that ā€œfactualā€ that he did not ā€œappearā€ to be the answer? And no oneā€¦and I mean no oneā€¦knows for a fact that UH football will be no better off or worse off with the current QBs on the roster.)

1 Like

We will be fine. Period. It is never about one guy. We Red Shirted 35 guys, coming back bigger, stronger, faster and knowledgeable of the system. We also are returning a lot of guys that were injured. We also have a bunch of eligible transfers. The team will be a lot deeper.

Tune with more weapons, an O line and a hammy that is healed will be a better Tune than last season.

6 Likes

Yes, because itā€™s a FACT that he did not appear to be the answer.

Could he improve and prove to be the answer next year? Sure.

God I hope that thatā€™s the case!

But Iā€™ve seen little reason to believe thus far. He hasnā€™t shown me much, and I think that a large percentage of people here feel that way as well. Hopefully heā€™ll get better in the Spring.

But as I posted elsewhere, Iā€™d be looking to sign a JUCO transfer QB, ideally one that played in an offense similar to ours.

If you were to sing a JUCO transfer QB, which Tune would you sing?

First one that came to mind is a Beach Boyā€™s tune from the early '60ā€™s - ā€œBe True to Your Schoolā€¦ā€

1 Like

LOL Good catch!!!

Fixed.

But to answer your question. If we SIGNED a JUCO QB that knows our offense, Iā€™d be SINGING a happier tune!!!

:yum:

Good response. And I wonā€™t be too surprised to see CDH sign a transfer or JUCO QB this year.

Tommy Tune ??

1 Like

King ainā€™t no Danny Davis!

3 Likes

Or maybe ā€œThe Song Remains the Sameā€?

Thatā€™s it!

A Tommy Tune cover of Zeppelinā€™s ā€œThe Song Remains the Sameā€.

1 Like